Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

YouTube displays black screen instead of playing selected video

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 01:05 PM)
naskew
Journeyman
Options

Model QE65Q95TALXXN. When I go into the YouTube app lately it seems that the search pages of YouTube work fine, but when you select a video to play you just get a black screen. 

• Tried logging out of the account and back in
  • Tried reinstalling the YouTube app
  • Tried turning the TV off and back on again
  • Tried logging in as a different user
  • Tried watching the same video on other devices on the same network and had no problemsTV About with YouTube behindTV About with YouTube behind
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
naskew
Journeyman
Options

Well good news, I made it work again. I found that the YouTube application has its own reset option as shown in the picture. You do lose the connected devices and have to reconnect but that is so much less painful than having to reset the entire television. So if anyone else gets the same issue as me, please try this first.samsung2.png

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
See if resetting your TV will fix the problem.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
please go to ur youtube settings and click on general and click the option for appearance. I think you changed the setting to dark theme.
naskew
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the tip. Do you mean the factory reset? But that means I lose all my installation settings for all the devices. I lose all my scheduled recording slots, my network settings, user settings, paired devices? I mean I can try it but if that is the solution and I have to do this every few months, it is going to become quite frustrating very soon. 

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes , that would be the case. You'd lose all the settings.
0 Likes
naskew
Journeyman
Options

I could not find a theme setting but good news anyway I found something else and I'll post that.

0 Likes
Solution
naskew
Journeyman
Options

Well good news, I made it work again. I found that the YouTube application has its own reset option as shown in the picture. You do lose the connected devices and have to reconnect but that is so much less painful than having to reset the entire television. So if anyone else gets the same issue as me, please try this first.samsung2.png

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
No you won't. It just the theme setting like you will have for ur phone. It will go back to white theme instead of black. Just have a look an see if you changed it. You shouldn't lose anything
0 Likes
dracula78
Journeyman
Options

Having exactly the same issue: everything in the app works fine except the actual video playback, which results in an entirely black screen.

I have reinstalled the app (via SmartHub Apps), I have reset the app (via the settings you mentioned above), I have used a different YouTube account or even guest mode... Nothing makes a difference.

I'm quite sure nothing on my end changed that causes this, so I'm now desperately waiting for the next update on their end, and meanwhile sending daily feedback... 😞

Gund
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Everything works fine at youtube application but the video is not playing, i end up with a black screen.

I did reset smarthub and tv a couple of times. Everytime youtube plays videos properly for a couple of times but sometimes after 1-2 videos, sometimes after 7-8 videos, I end up with the same problem. I am fed up entering mail adresses and passwords.

I am expecting a solution from samsung or youtube. My tv is not  old, i have a UE55KS9500, it is quite new model. I have difficulties to understand why this is happening. 

samsung support connected to my tv remotely and made a reset from service menu, that ended up same as before.

0 Likes