Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube app stopped working

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 12:00 PM)
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hi.

The Youtube app on my Samsung Smart TV stopped working a week ago. When I select the app on the TV menu the screen simply goes dark grey and nothing happens.

The TV model is UE32M5505A.

Does anyone here has the same problem? Is it a general issue?

What should I do?

14 REPLIES 14
Vikkthor
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem with my H6200, but for me resetting of the smarthub, and relinking to my Google account solved the problem. 

0 Likes
belushi
First Poster
Options

reload the samsung app and press and hold the back butten it will reload the app and start normall...its hapene to me and i fix it that way..

0 Likes
CSchneider
First Poster
Options

I'm having similar issues with YouTube. After picking a video to play the screen goes black.

I have model UN60JS7000

sofrware version T-HKMAKUC-1550.0

Yeyo53
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem

My samsung is a UE43KU6400 and youtube only work if I set up the wifi connection. Through wire connection everything works fine (Netflix, HBO...) and I have more speed but youtube gets stuck in the grey screen

0 Likes
Andy105
First Poster
Options

This problem still exists with Samsung and YouTube app. I can't see Samsung resolving the issue. We all suffer from YouTube failure, black screen and just audio if casting from phone to TV.

I have done all the different suggested fixes, resetting the hub is just a pain. For anyone with this issue there is an easy way to resolve it.

Unplug the power lead to the TV for a short time then after reconnecting YouTube will be working again. This does also resolve any other app issues to.

0 Likes