Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha RX-V6A eARC issue with QE65QN95A in Netflix

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 11:21 AM)
Members_vK7riKu
First Poster
Options

Having HDMI eARC issues with Yamaha RX-V6A and Samsung QE65QN94 (Same as QN90A but better viewing angles).
When I got it all hooked up last night, Netflix worked flawlessly with Atmos. Different videos came up with Atmos symbol next to them like Lost In Space etc.
Today, the same videos show 5.1 instead. The sound either just cuts out constantly or doesn't play at all.
I have checked all settings, but nothing sticks out apart from sometimes audio pass through gets greyed out randomly.

Update 1: If I disable and enable Digital output for audio, sound works but it only shows PCM and pass-through is greyed out.

Update 2: I did a factory reset on TV, and everything started working. Netflix showed Atmos next to compatible videos. As soon as the amp goes off without switching the TV off (Amp timing out after no audio streams being detected for a certain period of time), that's when eARC issues kick in and all the above issues manifest. HDMI pass through completely stops working for Netflix and only PCM works.

Any ideas guys?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Members_vK7riKu
First Poster
Options

Just to correct error i made in title, Its the QE65QN94, not QN95

0 Likes
Cummo
First Poster
Options

Very similar problem with my Samsung GQ65QN95AATXZG and my Yamaha RX-V6A, the handshake between eARC on the receiver and the TV seems to fail and you need to wake it up each time you switch on the TV by going into the receiver setup and toggle on/off eARC. Very frustrating, I am using an optical connection because i am tired of the messing around. 

0 Likes
Cyanigosa
First Poster
Options

I have a Q95 and I have the same issue get it synced up then after about two to three times it looses it again I have to go into the menu in the TV and click it over to Receiver very annoying 

0 Likes
Bookem22
First Poster
Options

Try using an 8k cable that can handle higher bandwidth. Found this fixes a number of protocol issues like this. 

0 Likes
freggel
Apprentice
Options

Try to turn OFF ARC in the Yamaha HDMI options. This was the solution for me.

0 Likes