Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox series X & the 120hz

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 01:52 PM)
FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options
Hi all.

First time posting,and I have trawled Youtube and the Internet, incl Samsung Tech support, to enquire whether the above TV DOES SUPPORT 4K??

I have an hdmi cable and whilst my xbox is connected thorough a Denon avr-2400h, it report 120hz IS NOT SUPPORTED??

AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR HAVE NOT ENABLED A SETTING SOMEWHERE? HELP, PLEASE!! 😁
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @FRUSTRATEDusr ,

I am sorry to hear that you feel let down, I have done some research and found these thread on the Xbox Support page that may help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/120hz-not-working-with-xbox-series-x-and-samsung/...

FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options
Thank you TessM. May I ask if you could enquire of this can be corrected by a software update or is it simply, how the TV was manufactured?? My last TV was a UE65 and my phones have mostly been Samsung, so I am a huge supporter of the brand.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I would be unable to confirm whether this can be corrected with a software update, however, I will ensure that this is fed back to our developers for future upgrades so please do keep your TV udated.

FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options
Can this thread be changed to SOLVED.

Samsung are actually WRONG, but their advice that this TV is NOT 120HZ.
Following advice on the Internet.. https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1587961594
I today plugged my Xbox Series X directly into PORT 4 OF MY TV. I had the option in Xbox settings of changing the settings to 120hz and it WORKS.
THE TRADE OFF BEING, I CANNOT have 5.1 sound, as the Xbox Series X only has ONE HDMI port!!
Please can Samsung bear this in mind for future enquiries.
Unless, your have a HDMI 2. 1 AMP (HOME CINEMA), previous versions will not allow 120hz.
0 Likes