Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Xbox Series X - Q9FN Support

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 03:01 PM)
jasonht87
Apprentice
Options

Hi - i have just got a new Xbox Series X and i have connected it to my Q9FN 55" tv (2018 tv) and it does not appear to support the Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh Rate and auto game mode. The TV supported this for Xbox One X, so i assume it is just a firmware issue, but I cant get it working. I have tried manually updating Firmware. Does anyone know if this TV is being updated to support this?

12 REPLIES 12
ATZ80
Journeyman
Options

Hey, 

same problem here. Auto Game Mode ist greyed out.
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/xbox-series-x-auto-gamemode-greyed-out-q9fn/td-p/2269989

seems to me to be because the TV recognizes the Xbox Series X only as "Game Console". Or does the TV recognise your console by name?

Greetings,
ATZ80

0 Likes
Solution
jasonht87
Apprentice
Options

I spoke to support and there is a new firmware you can download. my tv would not pick this up from clicking update now so you can manually download it to a usb stick and update the tv manually. This fixed the whole issue. Finally unplug and replug the HDMI in and it configured as Xbox, all sorted. All working

Perfectus
First Poster
Options
if you guys arnt happy you could always sell me your xbox.
0 Likes
ATZ80
Journeyman
Options

Hey thanks for the feedback.
Where did you get the firmeware update?
I'm from Germany, probably there are different versions or it arrives late over here again.

Otherwise you can send me the link.
Thanks a lot and have fun with the console!

0 Likes
jasonht87
Apprentice
Options

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q9FNATXXU/ It is on this page as a multilanguage download. I downloaded on windows so used all windows package. Not sure if firmware differs for different screen sizes as thats my exact model number above. Check that first and find the support page for your model

0 Likes
ATZ80
Journeyman
Options

Found it and now it works!
Thanks!

0 Likes
Lordy27
First Poster
Options

I have dowloaded the latest firmware and my TV now recognises the console as an Xbox but auto game mode is still greyed out.

0 Likes
Neolink
Journeyman
Options

Did you have any issues applying the update? I'm either getting an error or it's going through the process but not actually updating. 

When moving the file to the USB drive, I unzipped it then dragged it to the USB drive. I keep getting an error saying "this disk is write protected" for the file upgrade.msd. I clicked skip and checked, the upgrade.msd file was there despite the error. The TV recognizes it as a firmware update and goes through the process of updating but then nothing.

Lordy27
First Poster
Options

Can you try a different usb stick?

Also make sure there are two levels of the file on the usb.

first time i tried I put all the zipped contents including the sub folder on on level and the update failed at around 80%

0 Likes