Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox series X - Q95T screen flickering 120hz

(Topic created on: 21-12-2020 07:02 AM)
kw33
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung QE65Q95T tv and i want to use 4k with 120hz on my console, but i can`t get it to work.

My screen starts flickering as soon as i set my Settings on the xbox series x console to 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. 

(It also starts flickering when VRR is disabled)

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

The software version of my tv is 1403.

41 REPLIES 41
Denni5M
Explorer
Options

Exactly same issue here

joerolcor
Journeyman
Options

YEP, I have a 75" Q90T with the XBOX SERIES X and I get the "flickering" as well.   I play Forza Horrizon 4, COD Cold War, and Sea Of Thieves.  Which all have been optimized for the XBOX SERIES X.  It acts up once in awhile for these games.   Sometimes I start the games and there are no issues...  sometimes I start up the games and they will flicker.   Sometimes I can get it to work by restarting the game...  sometimes I have to restart the console.   It is not constant..  Someone on another post replaced the HDMI cable that came with the console with a high end expensive cable and said this worked to solve the issue.   I am going to give that a shot and see.

kevras07
Apprentice
Options

I don't think this is true because I am having the exact same issue as others described with xbox series x. However, for the first few weeks of gaming, I had no issues and everything was working perfectly (hdr/4k/vrr/etc), only in the last couple weeks the issues all of a sudden began to happen. I have both q80t and q70t and neither had the issue at first, so it is possible for them to work without flickering or whatever just not currently for me at least. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Have the Q90R and no issues with screen flicker and latest firmware

0 Likes
kevras07
Apprentice
Options

How long have you been using the series x though? I was fine for about a month, then all of a sudden all 4k games are basically unplayable on both my tvs. Good luck to you hope it doesn't happen it's very annoying to say the least 

0 Likes
joerolcor
Journeyman
Options

For me the flickering has been there since day 1.  BUT I think I have figured out what the issue is and how to "band aid" the issue for now.  Firstly, I tried a high end HDMI high band width cable.. this did not fix the issue, the issue was still present.   What I have noticed is this:  When I first turn on my TV..  I have it set to turn on the TV, My Samsung Q900 sound bar and my SHAW DIRECT satellite receiver.  This goes to whatever HDMI port and my satellite is pushing in 1080i signal.   When I turn on my XBOX SERIES X and change the HDMI input to the XBOX input..  I notice right from the main XBOX menu the flickering...  I see it clearly when I look at some of the game icon / squares.   At that point I have to go to the XBOX SETTINGS..  change the TV & DISPLAY from 120htz to 60htz.   Then when it asks me if I want to keep those settings..  I say NO and then it goes back to 120htz.   The I go back to the main XBOX dashboard and I have no more flickering.   AND further more..  if lets say latter on I decide to go watch TV and go to my SHAW DIRECT satellite  and then go back to my XBOX...  I would have to repeat the same steps above to maintain the 4K with 120htz without flickering.   This is the only way I can work around this.   It seems to be some sort of "hand shake" issue between the TV and the XBOX SERIES X...  very weird...  at least I can get it to work...  BUT this is a pain.  It seems weird that denodan above has no issues...   to denodan can you tell us your set up?   What do you have connected to the TV and do you go from different sources with no issues?

denodan
Navigator
Options

Always have mine set to 120hzcand never an issue on my Xbox series X. The new update fixed the VRR issue I had.

Before the new update VRR did not work and had to turn tv to 60hz mode else stuffed my picture.

With the recent update 120hz works now with VRR on.

The issue I have with the new update is the tv has a hard time at times turning auto game mode on and goes to select source and to check HDMI, go into picture settings select tv mode and works, turn back to game mode and fixes the issue and works.

Sometimes it does not so have to turn xbox series x off and tv etc off and turn back on Series X and works.

Also if stopped playing Xbox, and want to watch TV, screen is blank, sound no picture so have to turn off and in tv again.

The new update seems to muck up auto settings on Q90R tv

PaulWexler
Student
Options

Same problem

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

I dont, mine is perfect 

0 Likes
PaulWexler