Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox series X - Q95T screen flickering 120hz

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 11:44 PM)
kw33
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung QE65Q95T tv and i want to use 4k with 120hz on my console, but i can`t get it to work.

My screen starts flickering as soon as i set my Settings on the xbox series x console to 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. 

(It also starts flickering when VRR is disabled)

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

The software version of my tv is 1403.

41 REPLIES 41
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

Seems like an issue. I would report it to Samsung.

dembow
Explorer
Options
I have the same TV model. Good to know that I don't need to upgrade from my Xbox One X just yet.
0 Likes
kw33
Apprentice
Options

I got it working.

I don't know what did it.

But i disconnected the hdmi cable, started screen diagnostic, reconnected the hdmi cable.

Started the Xbox and set the settings for 120hz.

I did not flicker anymore.

Started a game, game  crashed, restarted my xbox, 

Disabled VRR, stated a game, worked, enabled VRR, restarted game, game still working. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Its a hardware bug in hdmi 2.1 and not fixable through firmware. It effects all tvs in hdmi 2.1. Its worse in OLED due to deeper blacks. Only tvs in 2021 or 2022 will have the issue resolved. All tvs last year and this year are broken to some degree. The only work around is either drop to 60hz or 120hz. Native 4k does not like 120hz.

0 Likes
kw33
Apprentice
Options

It stopped working again. 

0 Likes
brutewolf6719
First Poster
Options

Can you please tell me what i have to do with my Xbox series X and my tv'

I mean the exactly way you did?

thank you 

0 Likes
kw33
Apprentice
Options

I don't know, 

I treid it again a couple days later and it Just worked. 

0 Likes
oodroidoo
Apprentice
Options

Having massive issues with my q80t flickers regardless if vrr is turned off on 120hz also on 120hz cannot access game motion plus settings all updated to 1403 only way all works normal is 60hz and vrr off

Denni5M
Explorer
Options

This issue is still occuring on 1403 firmware, I don't know why this is marked as solved. Thousands of people have this issue now. The tv just doesn't support HDMI 2.1 on PC and XBox series x