Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

XBOX Series X - Q80T Game Mode Issues

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 11:37 PM)
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

So I received my Xbox Series X today, connected it to HDMI 4 using the bundled HDMI 2.1 cable and everything was fine until...I tried to play a game. Settings on the console were 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. As soon as I start a game my Q80T (55 inch) disconnects from the Xbox and shows a no signal error. From here I can press the Xbox button on the controller and switch apps and then I get significant screen tearing and flickering in menus. 

As soon as I disable VRR on the Xbox it works fine. Hoping someone else has tested this with other cables or can offer solutions.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6DmN9Gw4&feature=youtu.be was able to demonstrate that 4K 120hz with Freesync was possible on PC, so I'm hoping an update to TV or Xbox firmware will sort it out. 

Edit: as Kyljaiden pointed out, some regions have version 1403 firmware. To clarify, I'm in Australia and we do not have that firmware update as yet and are stuck on 1402. Need to wait for confirmation from another user that 1403 replicates the 120hz VRR issues. 

Edit2: Daparky shared this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-d... confirming that Microsoft are aware of the issues. 

Edit3: SOLVED - a number of users have reported that 1403 firmware fixes the issue I've detailed. Unfortunately some regions do not have access to this firmware yet and will simply need to wait until Samsung push out the updates locally. 

214 REPLIES 214
MuRFi3
Explorer
Options

The Samsung Tv Q80T is a 2020 model and does have 1 HDMI 2.1 port, as stated in this post, I am having issues with playing 120Hrz with VRR on, @ 60Hrz works fine. people have stated that new firmware 1403 fixes the issue, I want to know when that version will be released in Australia

MANNIN6
Student
Options

Has anyone in Australia managed to update to 1403? Looks like its blocked here for some reason, my Q70T wont read the manual firmware update from the USB drive. (I have the same issues with 4K & VRR) 

0 Likes
MuRFi3
Explorer
Options

Don't download the manual firmware from the US or UK site, they are not meant for the Australian model. I'm hoping the Australian firmware will be released soon.

daparky
Pathfinder
Options

This sounds like the "scan lines" that happens normally on darker coloured backgrounds.

0 Likes
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

Great to hear! I guess I'll just have to hold on until the 1403 release in Australia. 

MANNIN6
Student
Options

Before the update, what do we think?

4k 120 with no VRR OR 1440 120 with VRR OR 4k 60 with VRR?

I guess option 3 as most games wont run 120 anyway?

0 Likes
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

I'm going to run single player games at 4K 60hz with VRR because that's a reasonable compromise. For multiplayer games I'll run 1440p 120hz with VRR. It's frustrating to have to adjust the settings but at least it's only day 2 after launch and there aren't a heap of games that can leverage the new tech. 

MrMADG
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here in Australia with my Q70T and Xbox Series X. 

I have tried to upgrade manually to 1403.1 but it won't install 😞

Has anyone in Australia got 1403?

0 Likes
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately I think we have to wait for the official 1403 release to hit Australia. You won't be able to force an international version install (and I don't think you'd want to as there will be region specific settings). 

0 Likes
Members_3fDVpwG
Apprentice
Options

Does this run true 120hz or isit 60hz upscale? Been reading unless Samsung say its 240hz then your not getting 120 true native its 60hz upscaled with black flicker 

0 Likes