Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Series X problems with 1440p 120hz and HDR

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 05:30 PM)
Lordy27
First Poster
Options

My Samsung QE65Q9FN is capable of 120hz at 1440p with VRR so I have the Xbox Series X settings set up to display this.

I also have allow HDR and allow HDR10 checked.

The TV allows variable refresh rate.

The TVs firmware has been updated to 1310.

When I play COD Modern Warfare Warzone my TV show the display as 4K 60hz Freesync HDR if I take out the HDMI cable and put it back the TV will re recognise the Xbox Series X and display at 1440p 120hz Freesync but without HDR.

After turning both TV and console off and returning to play the settings return to 4K 60hz HDR again if I take out HDMI and return it the settings will go back to 1440p 120hz but without HDR.

Why does the setting change each session back to 4K 60hz?

Why does 1440p 120hz not allow HDR?Xbox Series 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Lobird
Journeyman
Options

Becauee microsoft locked hdr to 4k.

0 Likes
Alex273
Apprentice
Options

I’ve been having this same problem. I believe i solved it. Go to your series X display settings and uncheck “Allow 4K” This will allow you to play at 1440p 120fps WITH HDR

0 Likes
Alex273
Apprentice
Options

well maybe nevermind about the HDR part.... but that setting will at least make it to where you don’t have to unplug-replug everytime 

0 Likes
Lobird
Journeyman
Options

How does the hdr work when u dont tick the allow 4k box. Microsoft locked hdr to 4k since the xbox one s and one x came out. U need a display that accept 4k signals ( tick allow 4k box) than hdr works.

0 Likes
Alex273
Apprentice
Options

if you would’ve read the other reply you would’ve answered your own question