Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox game streaming on Samsung Au8000 not working

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 11:51 AM)
Stephen76
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone help?

I recently purchased an Au8000 tv as it has the Xbox game streaming app to allow you to play without an Xbox. The app doesn’t appear in my app list and when I search for it, nothing appears?

Not having much luck with the Samsung help team. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Stephen76, Did you installed latest firmware update 2111 ?

0 Likes
Stephen76
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the quick reply. When I try to update, it Says I have the latest update 2101

0 Likes
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Stephen76, You need to download new firmware from the website and install it manually from USB.

0 Likes
Stephen76
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Kamil. I will give it a try, although I’m not very good with technology.  Do you think this will solve the Xbox app problem?

also, why does it not automatically update and it tells me I’m running the latest version?.?

Thanks for your help. I bought the tv for my daughter for Christmas so  she could stream Xbox games on it. It’s very frustrating, especially when I rang the Samsung call centre and they don’t know what I’m talking about. 

0 Likes
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Stephen76, Please share full model number of your TV. Gaming cloud streaming apps are available since 2111 firmware so it is necessary to update. Usually Samsung releases new firmware on support website. Then after few weeks you can install it from TV settings.

0 Likes
Stephen76
Apprentice
Options

I’ve installed the 2111 update by usb and now it has the Xbox app. Thanks for all your help, it was much appreciated. 

Houstonheart
First Poster
Options

2111 is needed but a mess on tje 55inch. Purple line goes up and down screen and glitch images wben on 1 gig wired line. Its reported by most users. 

0 Likes