Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth buying a TV and soundbar or just a tv?

(Topic created on: 06-09-2020 08:16 PM)
nckryan
Student
Options

I was thinking of buying a Samsung HW-Q90R Cinematic soundbar and speakers to go with our TV (5 years old). I then saw the Samsung QLED Q800T, which seems to have great sound with a much better picture. My question is whether there is any point in getting the soundbar and speakers i.e. will I be paying for great TV sound which will in fact never be used if I get a soundbar?

By the way, I called Samsung's technical department and, laughably, the person didn't have a clue, simply using stock answers that had barely any link to what I was asking. I had a response about camping at one point. I realise that most technical people will find my question as simple as can be, but surely there are some people out there who don't know these things.

Any help, much appreciated!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMDANK
Journeyman
Options
definitely get a soundbar as well as sound is so noticeable between a soundbar and tv speakers as bass is so much better with the subwoofer and sounds much more clearer through the soundbar through personal experience
leave a like please if it helped 👍
nckryan
Student
Options

Thanks for the advice. So basically if you get the soundbar, the tv's speakers become redundant?

0 Likes
JAMDANK
Journeyman
Options
yes you can still use them alongside but wouldn't recommend it as sometimes they go out of sync
please leave a like if this helped 👍
0 Likes
Chris726
Explorer
Options

Soundbar is good idea but do t buy the q90r not worth the money!

0 Likes
urgiv
Journeyman
Options

Doesn't have to be sound bar I personally using Samsung smart speaker R3 or R5 and sound is much better :winking-face:

0 Likes