Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Keyboard Not Working in Amazon Prime

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 12:29 AM)
K9Thefirst1
Student
Options

Last year, my parents got a smart TV, and as a quality of life measure, I got a wireless keyboard so that we wouldn't need to enter letters on at a time with the remote. And for months it has worked perfectly.

But in the past week or two, suddenly the only buttons that do anything are the back button, home button, and the enter and arrow keys.

And the weird thing is, it is only happening in the Amazon Prime app. I've looked in the TV's settings and I don't see anything that would suggest something that would affect the keyboard, let alone just the Amazon Video app. And we've checked the YouTube app and the keyboard works fine.

And for clarity, it isn't a bluetooth keyboard, it uses an RF dongle.

Any tips?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @K9Thefirst1! Can you confirm what is the model number as well as the software version the TV is running on? Menu > Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. If the keyboard is not working only with the Amazon Prime app, it may have something to do with the settings of the app, did you get in the touch with Amazon Prime support on this? 

K9Thefirst1
Student
Options

I left a question asking the same question on Amazon's help forum but I haven't heard back from anyone. Will the TV model # and software version be in the same place?

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Yes, both the details can be found on the same page on the TV. Also Menu > Settings > Support > About TV. It's important to make sure that the TV is running on the latest software version, you can normally update it via Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. Sometimes though the update needs to be installed manually via USB.  

K9Thefirst1
Student
Options
Sorry for wasting you time, it's a Sony TV. I didn't get a chance to check until just now.
0 Likes
ElBurro
First Poster
Options

The same happens here with Samsumg series 8 UN65RU8000FXZA

My Acer keyboard (wireless dongle on USB) does the same, all apps work with it but amazon prime.

Even after the latest firmware

0 Likes
ElBurro
First Poster
Options

The same happens on Samsumg series 8 UN65RU8000FXZA on latest firmware

Acer keyboard (wireless dongle on USB) does the same, all apps work with it but amazon prime.

0 Likes
mc1973
First Poster
Options

Where is Samsung  Support on this? I just got a Bluetooth keyboard for my Q80R TV.  Same issue.  Keyboard works on all other apps and Internet browser except Amazon Prime.  On Amazon Prime only the direction key and enter key work.  But the most important function of the keyboard for typing in search window does not work. Got on Samsung online chat, the only suggestion I got was check software version and uninstall and reinstall Amazon app.  He verified that I have the latest software.  But Amazon app is preinstalled on the TV, cannot be uninstalled (like some other apps). TV does offer the option to reinstall, but not clear where it was reinstalling from.  Bottom line, not working with Amazon Prime.