What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired ethernet connected message everytime I start the TV

(Topic created on: 27-01-2023 10:11 AM)
Options

So I posted about this a good while back. Thought I might try again.

Everytime I turn on the TV, after about 10-20 seconds I get a message for, network cable has been connected and do I want to configure the network. Even though there is no network cable at all, I am only using wireless.

I really wish there was someway I could stop it. Especially annoying and common to happen when I am clicking on something so I accidently select the option, yes, to configure the wired connection. Meaning I then need to go back into the network settings and switch it back to wireless.

Anyone got any ideas?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Very odd, i get an iratating wired connected, disconnected repetition, but that is when powering the TV off at the mains not standby.

Check the ethernet port on the TV for any obstruction, only thing i would suggest after that is a factory reset, also check if any software updates.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Drrrtyy
Apprentice
Options

The same thing happens to mine. This sounds crazy, but it only does it when I haven’t turned the TV on in at least 2-3 hours or longer. If I turn it on, dismiss the message, then turn it right back off and then on, it doesn’t do it. Almost like it only does it while it’s “cold?” Idk but it is VERY annoying. I’ve contacted Samsung, they just told me to reset the TV, and of course while the TV has been on a while, it won’t do it, so they seemed to think they fixed it by the reset, but really it was just because the TV was already “warm” or had been on a while. The very next day, after I haven’t used it overnight, the problem came right back. It’s like their support doesn’t listen or doesn’t care. I feel like it’s a software glitch..

Options

Yeah I have tried reseting and sort of the same thing. I have to admit it doesnt happen the same way now which is confusing. I mainly get messages saying "The wired connection has been disconnected" which of course doesnt make sense as I have no wired connection at all. At least that means I can only click ok but occasionally it will still throw up the old error.

I have no idea whats going on, either a dodgy batch of network cards or as you say a software glitch.

0 Likes
Simeion
First Poster
Options

It has to be a software glitch.  Like above it only happens when the TV has been off for a while.  I reset the network settings to make sure I did not mess something up and still it happens.  I have not factory reset the TV yet due to the major pain in the back side that would be.  Samsung needs to loom into this issue for its loyal customers. 

0 Likes
Randanpanman
First Poster
Options

After to much googling and seeing that no one at Samsung gives a f***, I have found a fix that has worked for me. 

I had to go on my router and create a 2.4 ghz network(didn’t need one before) just for the tv so it doesn’t freak tf out on startup. 
pro: Tv doesn’t annoy me

con: Can’t cast to tv from phone without switching 

Options

Sorry taken me a while to see this but yes... this has also worked for me... after all this time.

Thank you, at least I don't have to deal with the annoying pop ups anymore. And I'll just have to cast elsewhere. 😞

0 Likes
Options

Ah sorry, seemed to work for like 2 days. Happening again today 😞  Sad times.

0 Likes