Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wimbledon iPlayer UHD red saturation

(Topic created on: 03-07-2022 08:41 PM)
Techpassesmeby
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung  QN95A and I am watching Wimbledon in UHD on the BBC iPlayer app. The red level is waaaaaaay too high. Everyone looks like they have terrible sunburn. 

Help please....how can i fix this?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Techpassesmeby: Please try heading to Home > Settings > Picture > Expert Settings, and adjusting Tint (G/R),  RGB Only Mode and Colour Space Settings to your preference. Let me know how you get on. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Techpassesmeby  Just to add to to the beneficial  advice @AndrewL  provided  presumably video is set to best quality .   You might also want to have a look at contrast Enhancer and colour Tone and can adjust the HLG.

Some information for those who may be interested in the Wimbledon UHD service https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/bbc-wimbledon-2022-4k-ultra-hd/ 

It seems to have been fine for me though I am watching  Jack Draper on court 1 at the moment,UHD only available for centre court.  one thing to bear in mind is that the streams are slightly behind  the live play.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Techpassesmeby
Apprentice
Options

By changing the Tint (G/R) i can dial out most of the red but thrn the green becomes the problem. Especially so give Wimbledon is on grass courts that now look radioactive.

Jay90
Student
Options

I had the same - colour saturation too high. Changed Colour Space from Natural to Auto.  Fixed it. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Techpassesmeby  is RGB  Mode definitely switched off ?   In colour space settings see if Auto makes a difference if on Native.  If still issue also try and custom setting for all the different colours. see some information here  https://www.samsung.com/my/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-the-color-space-setting/  https://www.lifewire.com/best-picture-settings-for-samsung-4k-tv-4776573 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Techpassesmeby
Apprentice
Options

It's set to Native but it's greyed out. Any ideas how to enable the setting so i can change to Auto please?

0 Likes
Jay90
Student
Options

Sorry, I don’t know. I assume one of the other picture settings is disabling auto. Film mode is greyed out on my TV but if enabled on yours, might be a first thing to try. Otherwise, see if the other picture settings are greying out the auto. RGB is off on my tv fyi. 

0 Likes
Members_9BJnp8o
First Poster
Options

Hi, sorry for bringing up an old thread.  I've been having this issue too.  I don't think this is an issue with your TV, or the OS.  I think its an iplayer issue.

It happens to me every now and then, just an episode if something will be really overblown red.  Sometimes everything will be like that.  And then thr next day, normal.

I don't have a Samsung/Tizen OS TV however.   I have a Sony TV.

Its very frustrating.   You can almost make it look normal by applying ridiculous amounts of colour adjustment, but thats far from ideal.

0 Likes