Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will old models get Game Bar in future update ?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 06:37 AM)
Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

samsung2021gamebar_large.jpg

On Samsung's 2021 TV, there are 2 improvements for gaming : Game Bar and FreeSync Premium Pro.

Since FreeSync Premium Pro is a hardware-based technology, it seems not possible to be applied to former TV. But Game Bar looks like a software monitor function, I'd like to know if Samsung will release it to old models by firmware update ? The real-time frame rate OSD is very useful for gamers.

6 REPLIES 6
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
it certinly would be interesting if the samsung q90t will recieve this feature
SnakeDocZero
Apprentice
Options

Yo man this is exactly what I want to know as well 

New console pre ordered for first drop - so I look for TVs next gen capable I find the Q80T model supposedly being advertised as ready for next gen gaming Yada Yada - now everything is absolutely amazing - yet now 6 months later you release a 2021 lineup of qled and neo and the qled range is essentially last year's q80t bumped down and so forth - so why can't you just give us the " game bar " feature in a firmware update for us next gen gamers it would be so kindly appreciated and seen as a gesture of making things accessible for more customers thank you 

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

iv got the q95t and would love to have the new game bar menu cant see why they couldnt do with an update as lg lg are roling it out to the g1 and c1 models

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
SnakeDocZero
Apprentice
Options

Yep they sure did - this sucks I posted a tweet in twitter and all I got was a standard questionnaire - like seriously it's not hardware related the Xbox Series X S came out in 2020 - in 2020 Samsung and Xbox announced that the QLED was the official Xbox partnered tv -now  the "Dedicated for Xbox " QLED 2020 range is now lacking the dedicated " Game Bar " - it's a bit sad if you ask me we would really love and appreciate this feature that is perfectly fine to be included in firmware upgrades to the 2020 QLED range - thank you love you 

Screenshot_20210629-211734_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-211817_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
SnakeDocZero
Apprentice
Options

If anyone wants to help give this issue some momentum and traction on twitter community I've posted a post to this support page tagging everyone I know of relevant 

0 Likes
Kizzington28
First Poster
Options

I'm guessing Samsung never replied to this or gave any indication.  Feels pretty awful that you spend £3k on a TV to find that it becomes obsolete less than 6 months later with new features when it's meant to be "next gen ready"