Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Stopped On Smart TV

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 02:20 PM)
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Hi Everyone,                                 *** WIFI DROP OUT PROBLEM SOLVED - SIMPLE FIX *** 

I put this message up a while a go but it seemed to go into a separate thread. Hopefully everyone finds this solution easier now! Forget about all the wifi codes and spending hours trying to fix this, as I believe this is the solution! This is a blanket reply to all to hopefully help with the annoying wifi drop out problem.

I tried everything. Power off, settings, holding remote button down, etc, etc. Spent hours on this on this problem!

I intermittently got it working but then started to drop out and not return again.

I have now been without drop out since posting this message for about 2 months, so it does work and seems to be the simplest approach to getting your tv up & running again. I dont why, but this is a genuine fix!!

So, I tried different equipment in our house and noticed that I was having some drop out on some other devices also.

I then contacted my broadband provider "BT" & simply requested a new hub/router as it wasnt working properly with all my equipment. Method: BT Chat Online - Dont ask if its possible, just state you are having wifi issues and have diagnosed the fault as the hub/router as other equipment is not connecting also. It didnt cost me for the replacement so request a free replacement only.

Wahla! Problem solved.... My new hub/router came. Replaced existing hub/router with new, did a factory reset on the tv, applied all the relevant details in settings on the tv and the samsung tv works and has been working without a problem to date (as I said this is now over 2 months and going strong without fault!!).

I am unsure if this is a guaranteed fix, but everything connected in my house and no problems since.

The tv connects as soon as I turn it on (I switch off at the wall each night/day when not in use).

Hope this is a reliable fix to the problem for everyone and helps to stop the frustration of trying to fix a problem that just wont go away! Let me know if this works for you too! 

Kindest Regards

Tino46

4 REPLIES 4
rd1864ss
First Poster
Options
When you say hub. Do you mean router?
0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options
Hi
Yes... router. Now amended the post with hub/router to prevent confusion. Hope this helps you and helps you to prevent this problem occurring. Let me know.
0 Likes
TasTraveller
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Tino Your solution is where I got to and I have ordered a new modem/router.  I am expecting it today and therefore I am expecting to be happily and permanently connected to the internet from then on. Many thanks for your response. Cheers, Helen

0 Likes
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

My router was file so I tried a router reset and firmware update.

https://technastic.com/samsung-tv-internet-wifi-connection-issues-fix/

0 Likes