Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27/04/19 13:04)
Leet2274
Explorer
Options
TV

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

605 REPLIES 605
Rpscavaleiro
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi,

It's a 55" nu7105 kxxc.

0 Likes
rojw13
Explorer
Options
TV

The trouble is on paper their stuff is the best. The execution though is way off. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
TV

I get atmos on samsung Netflix app on my Q90R TV and Q90 R soundbar. When an atmos movies plays the soundbar scolls dolby atmos

0 Likes
rojw13
Explorer
Options
TV

yeah yeah as you keep saying, the rest of us who were promised by Samsung it was coming, have pretty much given up hope now. I have Q9 from the year before. yet my LG two years older has native Atmos support.

I even have emails from Samsung from 2019 saying it was coming lol. 

same as full earc for your TV/soundbar that never actually arrived did it? 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
TV

Why are you guys making a hugh thing out of atmos on Netflix anyway? Its poor atmos and only 5.1 compressed anyway. Play a movie like ready player 1 atmos and its night and day

0 Likes
rojw13
Explorer
Options
TV

When a company says it was going to do something it should! Samsung has been failing consumers in all areas over the last few years and using their position as no 1 to get away with it. 

That is why it's a huge thing NO other electrical manufacturer does it (lies).

under commit over deliver not the other way around

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
TV

***** LG was caught lying about there HDMI 2.1, they never published it till someone caught them out, thats its not true 2.1 and has a bandwidth of only 40gb sec instead of real 2.1 which is 48GB

The Q90R soundbar had an eARC update.

0 Likes
rojw13
Explorer
Options
TV

an update that strangely enough made no difference.....

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
TV

yes it has, play an atmos bluray on an atmos bluray player going stright through soundbar and hear a clear differience over Netflix

0 Likes
TeeHee
Apprentice
Options
TV

"Poor" Atmos" is still Atmos though. It's positional information which has nothing to do with the signal's quality. You argument is "it's lo-res Atmos anyways, why bother". People here are complaining that the native Netflix app on Samsung TV, with Atmos-capable soundbar , does not deliver "poor Atmos" content.  Signal quality and Atmos info are 2 different properties, so I don't see any issue with holding Samsung accountable on failing to provide what they promised--Atmos content on native netflix app.

0 Likes