Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 12:04 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options

Do your research mate. ThecQ90R is not hdmi 2.0. Its 2.0b a big difference abd has the features of hdmi, its a  custom 2.0b

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
I have done my research here is one of the sites

Screenshot_20201122-050809_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Its only hdmi 4 on samsung Q90R has all the gaming features. The only thing I cannot get is dolby atmos through my Xbox series x

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Q90R is not hdmi 2.0, its 2.0b, wider bandwidth than hdmi 2.0. How come my photo them shows 120hz then mate with freesync, explain that.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

If you don't beleive i a. Getting 120hz then will take a photo later tonight have. I definitely get 120hz 4k, but only on port 4 on MY Q90R. Your talking ***** mate. Do you own a next gen console? I do and can tell you am getting 120hz 4k

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
1080p @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 

Yes
1080p @ 120 Hz 

Yes (native support)
1440p @ 60 Hz 

Yes (native support)
1440p @ 120 Hz 

Yes (native support)
4k @ 60 Hz 

Yes
4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 

Yes
4k @ 120 Hz 

Yes (native support)
8k @ 30 Hz or 24 Hz 

No
8k @ 60 Hz 

No
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
yes I do have a series x and that's why I have been doing my research. If you actually bother to read the article I posted you will see that the q90r cannot display 4.4.4 chroma on 4k at 120hz it displays 4.4.2 which is the only capacity that hdmi 2.0 or as you say 2.0b can display you are also still confusing 120hz and 120fps look at the menu on your console or even the in game menu you will find that you cannot select 120fps it will be greyed out because the q90r cannot take the full bandwidth that the console is capable of.
watch the YouTube channels I have suggested. even a quick look on Google might actually convince you I am correct. Even my nu8000 can produce 120hz but it cannot run 4k at that refresh rate only 1080p at 120hz neither will it allow a full 120fps on the series x enhanced games so before you reply take time to watch and learn I haven't been rude to you so you don't have to be rude to me do you. I have and continue to research which tv will be the best tv for full use of the new consoles I know what I'm talking about by listening to the experts
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Sorry can select 120hz in game in game menu and will prove it to you later on. No new tvs can do full chroma, as none have full 48gb bandwidth. THE LG C9 is better than the LG CX in this respect.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

I have even tried Devil May Cry at 120fps and works. And can select it in the game. Remember The Q90R has recently had a new update that allows freesync in 120hz. Whrn the refer to 120hz and 60hz also refers to 120 and 60 fps. If I could not get 120fps with devil may cry then would not be able to select it, or if it rejected it would be a blank screen, but have tried out devil may cry 4k 120fps and works great and info says 4k 120fps or 120hz are used interchangabley as both mean the same. Without 120hz you simply cannot get 120fps

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Its only hdmi 4 port works for the Xbox series X. I don't care if its only 4.2.2, its still doing 4k 120fps and mine is not greyed out. Why don't you try putting your XSX in port number 4, is the gaming port.

0 Likes