Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 12:04 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options

Maybe the Q70R is not capable as it's near the lower QLED range. Works fine on the Q90R? Maybe you need a tv upgrade?

0 Likes
Hunter77
Apprentice
Options

It's not even a year old. Won't be buying another Samsung!!

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Works for me. Happy with mine. No issues. You got to turn up the volume on each channel on the soundbar. I dont know why you guys are having so much issues when I have a post on how to get dolby atmos. Your are doing something wrong. Or the Q70 is not good enough.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Leet2274 wrote:

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" sams as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

I think at the moment it is just LG and Microsoft who have the Atmos Netflix app. 

I have the C8 and Denon amp and it looks and sounds brilliant. 

Samsung no DTS or Atmos. 

Netflix only broadcasts 5.1 atmos

0 Likes
Joeman2
Apprentice
Options

@Zygfryt wrote:
What version of Prime Video application you have?

I have the latest version of Prime.  Will provide version number soon.

0 Likes
bamaboi89
Journeyman
Options

i have the 55 q70r and im getting atmos on netflix and prime. i noticed it after 1361 update my dd+ haven't been greyed out since the update

0 Likes
erliomQ90r
Apprentice
Options

I have the Q90r TV and the Q90r Soundbar directly connected to each other through ARC. I play Atmos content perfectly through Netflix but can't get it through Prime Videos. When I'm playing Jack Ryan the soundbar doesn't say Dolby Atmos, like it does with Netflix. Also, do Prime Video have the Atmos-logo next to titles that support it, like Netflix? I can only see "5.1" and "HDR". 

I have tried to turn on and off DD+ and switching apps like some suggested. 

Any suggestions? I talked to the Prime Video support yesterday but as usual with technical support these days they don't know *****. 

denodan
Navigator
Options

Delete

0 Likes
bamaboi89
Journeyman
Options

No longer working on my Vizio sound bar as well. But it was working fine a week ago

Joeman2
Apprentice
Options

Same here and I own a Vizio Atmos system.

If Samsung is going to block people from using anything other than their product, then I am going to stop being loyal to them and buy a different brand.

0 Likes