Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 22-05-2021 09:08 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options

You guys think your being lied to. OLED manufacture have been selling you ***** for years and cannot do HDR. 

Here is why.

https://youtu.be/XPzM3NDGuSc

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
hi all
interesting seeing this thread active yet again.
denondan interesting that it was me that informed you your q90r is not fully hdmi 2.1 compatible at 48gbps and you argues it was and now you admit 40gps is not the full hdmi 2.1 spec.
there is still the inherant issue that started this post in the 1st place.
samsung sold tvs 2018 that they said would get an earc update allowing for a pass through of hi res sound I.e dolby atmos via true hd sound. they never followed through. I had the nu8000 which netflix would not support atmos and yet in late 2019/2020 after an update amazin prime would kick my av receiver into armos on Jack Ryan. so clearly no need for e arc as they first said because the prime app could do it. samsung then blamed netflix and said it was down to them to allow those sets the atmos sound option.
so bringing this thread up to date I purchased only 2 weeks ago the samsung q90t 65inch. 1st time put netflix on and suddenly films and shows were their in dolby atmos because the menu in the tv has options in the sound section that not all of the 2020 range of tvs have to enable dolby atmos via the earc and my denon avr 3600h can fully decode. my series x is connected to hdmi 4 and the amp to the erac and bingo dolby atmos comes back to amp via the TV all but with an audio delay but that is a known xbox issue that they are working on solving
so my opinion is this.
1 samsung did not make it clear that the lower model ranges not only lose the full array dimming of the q70 upwards but also the sound options that netflix need to allow dolby atmos on the in built app.
2 samsung have not and still don't look after the customers once a purchase has been made.
I managed to get a discount on my q90t from Samsung direct and get interest free credit on pay pal which to me was a great deal as most retailers charge interest.
summing up afraid your 7105 more than likely will not get atmos on netflix afraid maybe you might consider the new neo qleds coming out summer 2021
0 Likes
Rpscavaleiro
First Poster
Options

denodan, you're the kind of guy who plays with others problems!

So, you've a Samsung TV and are getting Atmos from your netflix app, and then you say that atmos get it's lossy via that streaming source!

Others like me, don't get atmos at all.. I'm not get your point!!!

I've 2 firing up dedicate speakers that could be running quite often (they actually run with appletv4k connected to my AV receiver, one extra spent on appletv to fulfill the samsung gap, more one thing in the forniture), otherwise, I only would get atmos with my blueray player. Quality via blueray it's outstading, but think twice when "you say" that lossy atmos it's like a *****, for sure your bar doesn't do what it should, in my system with distinct speakers, it's pretty awesome in the lossy format... imagine with lossless Dolby truehd.

If this topic doesn't fit with your life, please make a favour for the others and absent yourself of comment it!

0 Likes
Rpscavaleiro
First Poster
Options

@Smazza1070, I've lost my faith in my 7105, just replied to keep the post alive, but I won't buy a Samsung TV, that's for sure, lost weeks with partner support and they took my TV to repair 4 weeks two times, because of waking issue when connected with WIFI. Had to solve the issue by my own, buying a powerline kit to use the cable instead wifi.. one more extra spend with the TV.

Have a denon avr-x2700h running 5.1.2 and the only option to solve the problem was buying a Appletv4k and connecting it to receiver, no more issues. 😁

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

The waking issue is caused by Bixby, you have to turn it off

0 Likes
Rpscavaleiro
First Poster
Options

denodan, bixby?

Don't have samsung smartphones (fortunately), all settings that may interact with smart equipaments were off.

They used the remote services, they took the TV, they left one other samsung tv here for borrow that didn't woke up connected to wifi..  this happened in 2018 and found another person with same issue, that solved the issue like me, powerline and connected the tv to internet by cable.

They decline responsibility, saying that I live in a place with third party interferences (I don't live in an apartment, but a house with just a few houses nearby, and ofcourse, my old tv didn't had this kind of issue, and the model they borrow also don't)... well, don't want to remind that times..

0 Likes
castroGstar
Apprentice
Options

I have a 2021 QN800A and a Q70T with eARC connected, pass-through and atmos enabled and it will not play atmos content from any of the native TV apps. On top of this, YouTube will not stream 8K content from the native app either. Samsung just doesn't care about its pro-sumers at all.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Could be your soundbar,  i get atmos, on my q90r sound bar and q90r tv with tv Netflix app

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Its your q70 soundbar, its not capable of atmos. Just looked it up, and only a 3.1 channel soundbar,  so does not do atmos

0 Likes
castroGstar
Apprentice
Options

The Q70T  100% does Atmos and I was finally able to get it working by force closing netflix and rebooting the TV. After that, Netflix finally allowed me to play Atmos content. It also fixed the 8k YouTube issue  :winking-face:

0 Likes