Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 05:39 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options

So sick of telling people this, turn on HDMI PLUS. Wished people read the manual then may run into less issues. Also will only get atmos through a soundbar or amp with atmos.  Its do easy getting atmos a child can do it. Why are so many having issues when its do easy.

0 Likes
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

Then stop replying. What Samsung has done is stupidly implemented and 58 pages proof this. . You would be a terrible product manager or UX designer if you think because it was easy for you it is well designed. Samsung has done ***** work here, in both implementation and customer support. Fair and square. 

stormhold
Apprentice
Options

If you don't want to reply, then don't do it. Read again what kind of TV I have... There is no such option for my Q6F. I've already read the whole topic, without finding any solution. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question...

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
well said. afraid your q6f won't pass dolby atmos via netflix as you have probably worked out from reading the thread. only the 2019 and 2020 models seem to be able to pass through dolby atmos on netflix.
your best option is to use another smart device such as a console or blu Ray player with apps on
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

This thread is full of people that selected DD+ (if available), hard and soft reset their systems and nothing works for them. It's simply because samsung doesn't care about the netflix app. Or perhaps they point their finger at netflix, blaming them. I've talked to both and they point their fingers at each other. End of the day it's all about money, whether a company is willing to pay a renewal fee to dolby, probably.

It's been months, or years now for many people, this thread proves it. 2017, 2018, 2019 TV's still with a netflix app without atmos over DD+ support. Samsung has already proven capable of implementing atmos over DD+ on some models. They are simply not willing to push through for the rest of it. I bought an nvidia shield to be done with this issue, plus have all the other perks that come with it.

With these type of long running issues that seem random at first, the reason behind it is always the same: money.

No response by samsung officials who make a clear statement on public forum about the issue: money, damage control.

No reaction is also a form of damage control. Just look at the whole eARC debacle and how it played out.

Keep this thread alive and vote with your wallet next time the choice for a new audio/video system comes up.

stormhold
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, I thought so 😑‌ This is so frustrating. Using another device it's even worst... Then why the hell did we payed almost 1000€ on a smart TV? 

I will definitely consider another brand for the future. This is not acceptable. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

No issues with Netflix and dolby atmos with MY Q90R TV and Q90R Soundbar.

Netflix anyway has poor atmos and it only broadcasts in 5.1 and lower quality atmos.

To see your atmos going, get a bluray that has atmos or Xbox which has atmos

0 Likes
TeeHee
Apprentice
Options

You will need a streaming device for Netflix Atmos content. This provides some useful information. https://www.nakamichi-usa.com/the-ultimate-dolby-atmos-guide 

0 Likes
Rpscavaleiro
First Poster
Options

What's the point of buying a Samsung TV with bad support and it's a brand that doesn't ear their customers?!

Since the beginning having issues with wifi, it wakes my tv in the middle of the night without an explanation... tried everything and neither the support could gave me an help. (YES, WIFI... tested with everything disconnected. Connecting by cable to a router, solves the issue...)

With atmos, exactly the same issue, they don't care, it's my problem, the fault it's always from third party equipments or apps... 

My luck with atmos, is that I've an AV receiver, appletv4k and puff.. ATMOS! 

As someone told before, keep all this things in mind and don't forget about them when you have the need to buy a new one, or buy other electronics... avoid Samsung!

Completely tired of this brand!!!

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
hi buddy
welcome to the thread. what tv do you have
0 Likes