Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 21-11-2020 10:48 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
userd4wFF7dvTE
Apprentice
Options

Same I have the Samsung HW-950T and cant get any Atmos logo to show. All I see if 5.1 in Netflix and have DD+ on Samsung tv. Tried cable box through sound bar and then ARC. Tried Cable box to HDMI port in tv and soundbar ARC. I have premium Netflix. I cant get ATMOS LOGO!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!! CAN ANYONE SEE ATMOS ON NETFLIX LOL?

0 Likes
Red3ullZzzz
Journeyman
Options

Well it's always good to know that I'm not the only one with the Atmos logo on the sound bar. 

I actually have a Hw-q90r TV with a HW-Q950T sound bar.

I turned on hdmi plus in settings for all the hdmi output and I also enabled DD+.

I can see the ATMOS logo in the Netflix App but no way to see it on the sound bar. 

I just have the TV Arc logo.

Plus I'm still able to switch between sounds mod. 

For those who have the Atmos logo on the soundbar do you have any other choice in the netflix movie sound option than English or English 5.1?

Edit: the Atmos soundtrack wasn't available in the tested language... 😅

Now I do have the Atmos logo for few seconds when I start playing the movie, then the TV ARC logo. 

But in the settings I'm not able to change sound configuration (game, surround etc...) so it confirms that the Atmos works. 

Hope it will help other people. 

FYI I played an atmos demo from a USB drive  (directly plugged on the TV) and I was able to see the Atmos logo on the soundbar.

I tried to play movies from a USB drive using a Xiaomi MI Box S but as I expected it didn't work. I was not able to have ATMOS.

I guess i'll probably have to buy an nvidia shield pro to play mkv movies in atmos 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Been experimenting since the new tv update on Samsung tv, seems i don't always get the atmos logo on soundbar off Netflix, but see the atmos logo on atmos movies, or series. As sound on the Samsung tv is automatically adjusted just like how a tv nowadays does auto tuning have no feedback whats going on. As long as you have the atmos logo showing on Netflix you have atmos, just won't always show up on soundbar since new tv update, but can assure you have atmos else would not display the logo. You know you have atmos as sound setting like how you can adjust it for suround, adaptive, game, standard will be greyed out when your in atmos and can certianly hear the wider sound field.

You have atmos if it shows atmos in logo on Netflix,  only new tv firmware has mucked up sound indication going to soundbar and since the new tv update, don't always get the dolby atmos logo showing on soundbar before the tv update

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Correct reds3, the new update on your Q90R tv has mucked the Dolby atmos message coming up on soundbar and random. Its only happened since the new tv firmware but can assure you do have atmos else the atmos logo would be missing

0 Likes
WATTS1204
Explorer
Options

All we need now is for Samsung to update the firmware so we can get at least one HDMi input to be HDMi 2.1 so that the tv can support 4k @120hz and not just 1080p @ 120hz

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
afraid I can't see an update allowing hdmi 2.1 on these old TV as they don't have a chip to allow it
0 Likes
Lostkiwi
Apprentice
Options

I also think you can play through a new Xbox series as well, which is more fun than owning a nvidia shield. I dont get Atmos at all with my samsung NU8000. No idea if there is even a fix. 

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
hi
I also have the nu8000 and Netflix doesn't show atmos programmes at all but strangly I started watching Jack Ryan series on amazon prime my amp detected dolby atmos from the arc which has totally confused me now as its been pretty much decided this tv won't do atmos
0 Likes
Red3ullZzzz
Journeyman
Options

Well I intend to buy a Ps5, I won't any money for the new Xbox 😂

If only the Ps5 was able to directly play contents from a USB drive... 

I'm pretty disappointed with the Xiaomi MI Box S

0 Likes
WATTS1204
Explorer
Options

What chip @Smazza1970 ? it’s my understanding the Q70r and above are 4k 120hz panels and they only need firmware updating kits like a lot of televisions that got extended hdmi functionality in the past from firmware updates. 

0 Likes