Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 11-08-2020 06:06 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options

I don't know about your tv, but if you also don't select hdmi plus you won't get atmos.

I know the Q90R has a feature hdmi plus. This enables hdmi 2.1 features. Its accually hdmi 2b which gives 2.1 features.

Also do you have atmos competbilty set to on in sound settings?

Else won't get atmos showing up in netfilx app. This feature must be selected.

0 Likes
cimarron
First Poster
Options

IMG_5213.jpeg

D50FB40B-D8DA-4F2E-852B-BF511A95D2EB_1_201_a.jpeg

In Swedish though, however its all working from the built in Plex app, but not Netflix och any other app on Tizen on my model... 

0 Likes
Hunter77
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for all your info, really appreciate it. Like you, I update only through smart things. You list 3 things at the end. I'm good with the first 2, but what or where is the input signal that needs to be turned onto plus?

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

In general settings on THE Q90R

0 Likes
Liber8or
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Like many of you on here, I bought the Samsung Q90R TV and the HW-Q80R soundbar. I am using a standard HDMI cable to connect via the ARC sockets on both devices.

I couldn't get the Netflix App on the TV to show ATMOS. It would only ever show 5.1. The audio settings on the TV showed Dolby Atmos Compatability as ON and Dolby Digital was ON but not DD+. The soundbar mode was on Adaptive. If I tried to put DD+ on, the TV would just revert to PCM. 

After an hour of tinkering, I put the soundbar on Surround mode. Then I was able to select DD+ in the TV Settings. As soon as I switched on DD+, ATMOS appeared on the Netflix App. It also appeared on the soundbar when I played something with ATMOS on Netflix.

Hopefully, this will help some on here experiencing difficulties.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

But have you turned on hdmi plus in settings this must be turned on. I judt don't know why people are finding it so hard getting atmos showing on the q90r tv app when I found it easy to get going? Also is the HW80 soundbar capable of atmos?

I have the Q90R soundbar 

20200815_063922.jpg

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

20200815_063903.jpg

20200815_063922.jpg

 think half the issue is you guys forget to turn in hdmi plus

0 Likes
Joeman2
Apprentice
Options

Jack Ryan Atmos is back on Amazon Prime.

0 Likes
Maxat76
First Poster
Options

34704AD2-5393-4B4F-9D74-DA0967BABA9A.jpeg

 this is how it looks on my friends new Samsung tv. On my three year old Samsung 8005 it shows only 5.1. Same Netflix account as my friend and same new Sonos soundbar. Sound is very different and much better on my friends app.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

20200810_102220.jpg

 this is on my Q90R with Q90R soundbar have atmos and scrolls atmos when playing atmos movies through soundbar.

0 Likes