Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 04:08 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options
Unfortunately most people dont care about atmos or the best sound system so most would not care at all. This forum only represents a small number of people. Samsung will continue to sell well. If the majority did kick up then maybe would do something but the majority are totally satisfied so they wont do anything. For every 1 person how is not happy there maybe 10 who are so why should samsung care from their point of view.

As far as they are concerned the solution is to hook up to an external atmos system. Hense why they updated their soundbar to eARC to get around the tv not having eARC .
0 Likes
Joeman2
Apprentice
Options

I have a Un65nu7200. Besides Vudu and Prime, I dont have atmos capabilities for Netflix.

I did do a workaround, as mentioned in another post.  I put on Jack Ryan on Prime, wait until I have Atmos sign on my soundbar, then go to Netflix and select an HDR video.  I get Atmos that way.

I already filed a complaint to Support but I don't think nothing will be done right now.

0 Likes
Zygfryt
Apprentice
Options
What version of Prime Video application you have?
0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

So Atmos is randomly working now on my built in tv app for the Q80 tv with Q80 soundbar. The funny thing is my tv is still on version 1356 and the Netflix app says last updated in April. Not sure what changed but I'm now getting the atmos logo on my screen as well as Dolby atmos displayed on the soundbar. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
I always get atmos and atmos scrolling on soundbar through tv netfilx app. I do at the odd time lose it but very rare and my fix is turn on my nvida shield can can then get into sound options in tv. Change back to dolby plus then turn off shield. Then turn back to tv mode and tv Netflix app once again works in atmos
0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

So weird. Yesterday everything was fine. Now today no Atmos logo on Netflix tv app. Just 5.1

Don't understand the cause 

0 Likes
Adeeb
First Poster
Options

Same as you 

I used Denon avr through ARC and usually get atmos icon .. but now just 5.1

i do everything ..changing cables .. reinstall Netflix.. but nothing 

0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

I might try unplugging the power of the tv and soundbar tomorrow for a few minutes. Then plug them back in and see if I get atmos. It makes no sense- there were no software updates made

0 Likes
Dannyv
Journeyman
Options

Yes. I will show u on YouTube how i can  get ATMOS on Netflix with ARC. it doesnt work with all titels but some do! Ps you need prime for this solution. 

The video is ready in about 30 minutes

0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

I don't have a prime subscription

0 Likes