Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 11:14 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options
Need these on
0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

I meant both boxes are checked on sorry

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi you may want to look at this as should any other owners of the same tv
Samsung Q80R TV firmware update no longer supports Dolby Atmos for Netflix

This comes from a quick search on Google afraid Samsung have not paid for the license for all it's range of TV'S so will not happen I think this thread has pretty much run its course now. Same things being said over and over. Please do some research and post if ant future firmwares add the atmos back or indeed for the first time
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
I have it in my 90r tv through soundbar. Maybe the q90r has been said may not have it? Defintally get it on my Q90R running through q90r soundbar
0 Likes
TeeHee
Apprentice
Options
It's still puzzling that we can get Atmos with Amazon Prime but not Netflix. Both are streaming content with DD+. What's the difference between these 2 platforms that messes up Samsung TV?
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
I am getting atmos with netflix on my Q90R tv app but only when I run through my Q90R soundbar. The only thing I dont get atmos is if I have the xbox directly through tv hdmi ports. Have to plug xbox into soundbar.

Yet got my Nivida Shield plugged in tv and even on that shows the atmos label when there is a movie in atmos.
0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

I find it hard to believe Samsung would "only pay for the atmos license for their higher end modes."  I would think Samsung either paid for the atmos license or not. It's probably firmware related because I was getting the atmos logo on the Netflix app thru the tv and it displayed atmos on the sound bar for like two weeks and then it mysteriously stopped. We supposedly we are getting the tv earc update in mid July. Hopefully this issue gets resolved with it

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
I had that issue once. Went to Netflix no atmos. Turned on Nivida shield ran its Netflix app atmos.

Turned od my shield and ever since atmos again in tv app netflix.
0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

There is no puzzle. If it costs Samsung money it doesn't really happen. Dolby is now a very big player in the field of on board TV technologies and Samsung doesn't like it. 
Samsung could easily pay to sort this out. It chooses not too. It's never Netflix fault. Netflix work in harmony with all manufacturers who play their part. Find me an app that really utilises HDR 10+... 

its a poor show from Samsung. Especially considering how freaking good their hardware is that they are not prepared to play ball with software issues.

dolby vision/atmos = way forward

hdr 10+/Samsung propriety sound = dead in the water but cheaper.....

0 Likes
TeeHee
Apprentice
Options

What you said makes sense if neither Amazon nor Netflix works. The fact that we can get Atmos on Prime videos but not Netflix is why I raised this issue. I certainly don't know enough to offer any insight, just wondering out loud. Maybe Prime vs Netflix does stream differently, and Samsung is not willing to take the extra step to deliver Atmos on Netflix shows.

0 Likes