Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 10:34 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

The onboard sound on this year's High-end Samsung TVs Q950TS is truly amazing (relative to tv speakers) and has to be heard to be believed. It will be very interesting to hear them integrate with the new soundbars once they are available. 

0 Likes
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

In any case this discussion is off from the main topic:

Samsung is doing a terrible integration within their own apps and atmos. In 2018 tvs, atmos does not work for netflix yet being able to transmit via arc in dolby digital+ As amazon video proves it can do it (lossy atmos). In 2019 tvs, you need to make a sneaky work around with other app to have atmos working for Netflix, but also in lossy Dolby Digital+, because they promised an eARC update that has never arrived. All these things are fixable via Firmware updates and are reasonable to ask as TVs from the competition can already do it. So, Samsung is doing quite a *****ty work when it comes to updates. It is the same situation as with the changes of lighting due to the subtitles from another post.

summarizing, Customer and post-sales service done by samsung is terribly bad and a good motive to check other brands.

denodan
Navigator
Options
I dont give a stuff. Love my q90r tv and q90r soundbar and would not hesitate to buy another. Would not touch LG
0 Likes
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

C712A6E7-8922-44E9-B737-6DC51D1A130E.jpeg

0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

Any updates guys? I still have no Atmos logo on Netflix in the built in Samsung tv app

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
I do, but running my tv through q90r soundbar
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Even comes up with dolby atmos when playing Netflix atmos movies or series on my soundbar and yes netfilx app on tv is showing atmos logo with those that are in atmos
0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

How do I achieve this? I have a Q80R tv (Arc) and Q80 soundbar (got eArc update)

I've already tried unplugging and plugging the hdmi to my soundbar, reinstalling Netflix tv app, turning on and off the Dolby atmos comparability option in expert sound settings. I don't have amazon prime to do that "trick"

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Turn sound setting to dolby digital plus and your hdmi ports to hdmi plus in settings
0 Likes
Rick268
Explorer
Options

both are also checked off

0 Likes