Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 31-05-2020 10:26 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
denodan
Navigator
Options
No got full gaming mode and full freesync. What you got to do is when plugged into the bar. Turns off game mode. Got to set game mode again on tv and freesync manually in settings. A bit of a pain but I have full gaming mode with freesync running through soundbar and dolby atmos at that
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Xbox one X on my q90r is using atmos
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Not me. Still enjoying dolby atmos with netflix and the xbox netflix app and getting dolby atmos on soundbar
0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

This is what I do not understand though. 
how come my sky q box and my fire tv cube deliver atmos through the TV.

yet the Apple TV and X box can only do it connected to the soundbar directly.

and to those saying that you have to buy extra kit to get atmos. Other than the sound bar that should not HAVE to be the case. Samsung advertises these TVs as atmos capable they should be committed to delivering that.

LG have destroyed Samsung on a features level over the last 2 years. HDR 10+ who is using that? No one that's who. Who is using Dolby Vision? Everyone!

wont buy another Samsung at the high end they are a mess!

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Love my Samsung Q90R. Still better then LG anyday. The tv itself does not do atmos and never been capable to do atmos through tv speakers. So dont know how you can be getting atmos? I will always buy Samsung.
0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

As stated I have a soundbar.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

To get atmos you have to have either a soundbar or hifi setup also capabile of atmos. The tv itself through it's own speakers cannot do atmos.

0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

unlike LG.....

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

LG does not have atmos either and still need to go through an external source to hear atmos which needs multiable speakers.

The only tv with atmos speakers inboard is the top end panasonic. Has up firing speakers.

There is no way if getting atmos to come across your tv. As these are only 2.1. Same as LG 

0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

you are wrong Atmos is a dynamic system that is better with more/upfiring speakers etc.  but still capable.

how come phones like the S20 have atmos?

also see features below.

Screenshot (150).png

0 Likes