Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 05:16 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Alberto2907
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, i have a samsung 4k tv and q70r soundbar, but no atmos on netflix, neither Amazon.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Have you looked at the expert sound settings if it does not have an option for dolby atmos your tv will not output it simple

Sorry the same questions going round and round and round. Unless suddenly samsung either allow atmos via a firmware update or at least.admit it's not coming the subject is pretty.much resolved and no need to ask the.same question anymore 

Alberto2907
Journeyman
Options

No, i don´t have dolby atmos at my expert sound tv, but, this is an absurd. Samssung or the other brands should aware costumers before buying an atmos soundbar.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
If you look on youtube there is a video about atmos on the q70r however a few years old there is a possibly a chance the firmware changed. I share your annoyance and many on this thread that it was not made clear the lack of atmos support. Like I said earlier in a couple of years when I upgrade again pretty sure will be a different tv maker
Alberto2907
Journeyman
Options

Thakns for your help again, i´ll look on youtube, like you said.

0 Likes
q0bra
Journeyman
Options
You said you have a 4K TV, but that wasn't my question.
Do you have the most expensive UHD Netflix subscription.. ? That's the question.
Then only you're able to get Dolby Atmos.
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi I do have the 4k subscription and please see the pictures attached one is netflix on xbox one and the non atmos one is the same film on Samsung tvXbox one xXbox one x

Samsung nu8000Samsung nu8000

0 Likes
Alberto2907
Journeyman
Options

Yes, i have a premium subscription, 4 uhd screens. But, thinking about that , at my expert sound settings tv, i can switch the options, PCM, DTS NEO, DOlby, and DOlby 5.1, but atmos option does not appear.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
Sorry to say them your not going to get atmos from apps via the tv. If you have an xbox or playstation then use the apps on them into your sound bar to get atmos. But to be honest I never found soundbar to be as good as a dedicated av amp and correct speaker system
0 Likes
ChrisRudd
Explorer
Options
Says atmos on me soundbR
0 Likes