Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 09:21 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options

And to confuse matters even more folks, the Disney app on both the TV and Sky is only streaming in HD and 5.1. YET, of you download the app for Xbox one X, it is 4K ULTRA WITH DOLBY ATMOS?!? WTF is going on?? 

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Mine isn't
nu8000 it is 4k ultra hd hdr10 and 5.1
Software 1294

What are you running on?
FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options

I have the Samsung Ue65ks9000 4K and a Denon avr 2600H 

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung and Netflix keep turning 180 degrees. Netflix customer service yesterday said that Samsung and Dolby need to come to an agreement about their Atmos usage in integrated apps.

Samsung is a licensed dolby manufacturer.

Perhaps each series of TV's requires an agreement or something, does anyone know? Either way, this is a great fustercluck to be stuck in as a customer :ok-hand:

Dekxster
Journeyman
Options

@q0bra wrote:

Hi, 

Just went through those 25 pages.. (Or most of...) Bought a Q70R TV and a Q70R Soundbar.. And ofcourse wanted to enjoy the Dolby Atmos, which was not showing up. 

I'm not sure if it's written somewhere in the comments, but I ended up with an easy Google Search.. "Netflix Dolby Atmos Abo"

And yes, you need the UHD abo... Jezus! 

Upgraded my abo and now I have DOLBY ATMOS / HDR / Ultra HD 4K options... 

Just saying! 

Hi,

Just bought the same TV and same soundbar. But I have no Atmos on  Netflix.

How did you do that? Any special settings? HDMI cable should be connected to ARC HDMI in soundbar and ARC HDMI in TV, right?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Hi

Have you checked the.sound setting on the TV you need to have netflix on and then got expert sound settings and check the dolby atmos setting is ticked. If it doesn't show up them afraid you wont get dolby atmos. My nu8000 will only show dolby digital+ and no sign that samsung intend to add this as a firmware update. Only way I get Netflix dolby atmos is actually connecting the xbox to my amp then from the amp to the tv for picture. Sorry of defeats the auto game mode setting as I have to select that manually now. When i next upgrade i must admit i am.likely to move to an LG model as they support the biggest range of sound and picture formats 

0 Likes
q0bra
Journeyman
Options

Yes, should be good.

Do you have a 4K subscription? 
Netflix only delivers Atmos when you're subcribed on the 4K formula.

Also keep in mind, not every serie or movie has Dolby Atmos.
But you can see it when there's an DOLBY ATMOS label on the frontpage of serie/movie.

If all good, there should also come DOLBY ATMOS text on soundbar when serie/movie begins.

0 Likes
q0bra
Journeyman
Options
Yes, should be good.

Do you have a 4K subscription?
Netflix only delivers Atmos when you're subcribed on the 4K formula.

Also keep in mind, not every serie or movie has Dolby Atmos.
But you can see it when there's an DOLBY ATMOS label on the frontpage of serie/movie.

If all good, there should also come DOLBY ATMOS text on soundbar when serie/movie begins.
0 Likes
Alberto2907
Journeyman
Options

Excuse me but, what Abo means? I guess subscription..... Anyway, i have a premium 4k subscription and atmos does not work.

0 Likes
q0bra
Journeyman
Options

Yes, abo means subscription.
Normally if you have the 4K subscription, you should be able to get DOLBY ATMOS.

Not sure if the label DOLBY ATMOS only shows up at the frontpage of the serie/movie, if your hardware (soundbar for example) supports DOLBY ATMOS.

I can confirm with the QLED 70R TV & 70R Soundbar it should work..

0 Likes