Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 02:23 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

Which proves the point that Samsung don't give a ***** about the people that bought a High-end tv from 2018. It is freaking absurd, as it is all a software matter. And yet no moderator dares to come to this post and make an official statemente. Shame

_oSo_
Navigator
Options

I agree with you @Victordlsb , Samsung doesn't really care about customers once they have purchased the product. Even their high end products customers. The perfect example are the qQLED TV's from their 2019 lineup. Samsung specifically said that those TVs will get eARC support later with a firmware update. Many tech reviewers echoed this statement and also in the last tech conference where Samsung presented the 2020 lineup the Samsung representative repeated again that the 2019 lineup will get eARC support. More than a year has passed since the 2019 lineup came out and still no firmware update for eARC. Is it so difficult? Are their engineers not capable of doing it? Or there is simply no more interest on doing it?  How can a company sell a product under a promise and then don't care anymore? That tells us about how much they care. Not even a statement from the company. At this point I dont expect any significant updates, not for their 2019 QLED Tvs nor for their atmos soundbars. 

Rick268
Explorer
Options

@Rizel23

What are your tricks?

its weird- I have a Q80R tv and Q80 soundbar. Yesterday, my built in Netflix app was showing the Atmos logo and my soundbar recognized it as Atmos because it wouldn't let me access any of the treble/bass/etc settings. Today, no Atmos icon shows on the Netflix app

also- having audio delay issues over ARC for my fios cable tv and my Xbox gaming for surround sound

got my 4K Blu-ray player plugged directly into my soundbar and that works fine. Don't want to lose freesync

Noddy
Explorer
Options

Problem is, it did support atmos on Netflix, last update has downgraded the support. 

So me personally, I'm furious. 

Bad enough samsung refused to pay the fee for dolby vision / but with 2019 TV models already abandoned and deliberately downgraded I will seek advice for an exchange.  5k on a tv that's been deliberately sabotaged with firmware. 

FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue. I have the Samsung Ue65ks9000 4K TV and CANNOT receive DOLBY ATMOS ON THE TV APP? Yet I can Ultra HD, but only 5.1 sound? Yet, on my XBOX ONE X, the Netflix app, lists Dolby Atmos?? I have no idea what is going here? Is it the age of the TV or the app!?! 

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

Netflix customer service told me today that they'd have to update their app to get Atmos working, Samsung says that Netflix has to update their app. At least all fingers are pointing in one direction? We'll see what happens.

Perhaps some of us just got lucky with the Amazon-to-Netflix swapping trick on Netflix TV app that already supported it, but had some old settings stuck in cache. 

Alberto2907
Journeyman
Options

The same here with a q70r bar. Netflix and prime shows 5.1. Nothing about atmos. It´s so frustrating.....

ChrisRudd
Explorer
Options
Make sure you got sound set to dolby digital before you go in to netflix worked for me
0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
This topic is never ending lol.

If you search this thread you will see many many answers all the same.

Basically samsung and netflix don't talk to each other and blame each other for not supporting dolby atmos.

2and point which many get confused over you cannot get Dolby atmos though an optical lead only hdmi.

The other problem is it will only work correctly with e_ar

I think we just need post to confirm when and if anyone manages to get atmos working and what model and firmware you are running.

Please.dont keep repeating the same stuff just read the thread first will normally answer your question and save your typing lol
FRUSTRATEDusr
Journeyman
Options

On my model of TV, I have HDMI AUDIO FORMAT as BITSTREAM and AUDIO FORMAT as DOLBY DIGITAL? There does not appear to be DOLBY ATMOS, but I can get that audio through  the xbox and related streaming services, such as Netflix? And when I engaged in a LIVE CHAT with Netflix earlier today, they sent a corporate message, stating essentially 'Nothing to do with us. Speak to your TV manufacturer' 

0 Likes