Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 02:36 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Dannyv
Journeyman
Options

As of today I finally got Atmos working, but only on prime. I have a LG soundbar and the qled Q7F. Soundsetting on soundbar must be on ASC. Also tried the solution as given above for Netflix but it just doesn't pick up ATMOS. This sucks!

0 Likes
insmek
First Poster
Options

LG_A, that actually worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

Hi! What do you mean in ASC? Also, in which country are you? Cause i don't manage to get atmos in prime with a q7fn (spain)

0 Likes
Dannyv
Journeyman
Options
On my LG remote is a button called sound effect. I can select various sound preferences. ASC is one of them. I'm from the Netherlands. Dolby digital+ on the Samsung TV was already selected. Note, it worked after I unplugged and then plugged in my HDMI when playing season 1 of Jack Ryan. I noticed I didn't got any sound in MOVIE sound preference. The word movie just flickered on my soundbar. Then I decided to try the sound effect button and when I selected ASC, suddenly the soundbar showed Dolby Atmos and there it was. So I thought Netflix will also work but no it doesn't
0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

Let's just face facts there is no way that this is going to be fixed. its the last Samsung TV I buy. LG for me going forward.

This is not down to Netflix its all Samsung they have such poor relationships with other parties they are not interested in working with them.  My £650 TV from three years ago outputs Atmos no issues at all. my £3k Samsung from 2 years no chance.  They are a mess the "fantastic one connect box" cannot even output atmos to their own soundbars. making them pointless as you need to plug cables directly into the soundbar. 

Rizel23
Journeyman
Options

@rojw13 wrote:

Let's just face facts there is no way that this is going to be fixed. its the last Samsung TV I buy. LG for me going forward.

This is not down to Netflix its all Samsung they have such poor relationships with other parties they are not interested in working with them.  My £650 TV from three years ago outputs Atmos no issues at all. my £3k Samsung from 2 years no chance.  They are a mess the "fantastic one connect box" cannot even output atmos to their own soundbars. making them pointless as you need to plug cables directly into the soundbar. 

I have no issues outputting Atmos from any source now, nor any sync issues with the HDMI audio delay. 

Softwarewise it's bit buggy, but once master the little tricks it's pretty much perfect. 

I bought the 75Q90 and matching Q90 soundbar for an amazing £3k last October, some teething issues (inbuilt LAN is 10/100 rather than gigabit for high quality Plex 4K streaming) and trick to put out Atmos through Netflix but is now spot on abd a great purchase for the cost I think. 

0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

That's my point. TVs from last year are being supported with features. TVs from the year before are being left with no updates. Qxx (2019) were upgraded months ago. Qx (2018) are not.  really poor.

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Totally agree they will never support atmos on the older top of the range tv. Such a shame that they have made good progress in picture quality but do not takle the sound we all want.

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

Tried what LG_A suggested on page 29, still no luck. Did a complete reset of the TV beforehand. Amazon prime can trigger "Atmos" on the soundbar, but no front-top speakers are actually working. Side speakers are working though, so it's proper 5.1 that does get through, just not the Atmos data. Netflix just outputs 5.1 and upscales the same signal to the front-top speakers. Still no Atmos logo in any app to be seen.

0 Likes
Houndog787
Explorer
Options

I get Atmos on Netflix app and Amazon prime app through my TV 

I'm using a RU8000 with the N850 soundbar

0 Likes