Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 02:15 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
fjpadilla
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problem.,,gayed dd+ on netflix app

To solve it, close de netflix app, turn off the tv, swich on the sound bar and then swithch on the tv

Now you can choose DD+ and see the atmos logo

0 Likes
Soxbrother
Explorer
Options

Also no Atmos from the Netflix app on my Samsung K8500 UHD player which is connected directly via HDMI to the HW-K950 soundbar.

Fun fact, a DD+ Atmos testfile (the same audio as Netflix uses), plays fine from usb.

So Netflix must fix their app, because the hardware works fine.

0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options

App works fine - i have the k950 as well and it doesn't support atmos through Arch. So you can only get atmos through the hdmi ports on the soundbar im afraid 

Soxbrother
Explorer
Options
Not through Arc, I know.
But the UBD-K8500 doesn't go through Arc, it's connected directly to the soundbar, so it's Netflix's fault it doesn't work.
0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
I don't understand, does the Blu ray player have a Netflix app or what does it have to do with it? Don't you get Atmos if you blay a movie on your k8500?
0 Likes
Soxbrother
Explorer
Options
The 4k player has the Netflix app offcourse.
My trouble is not with playing 4k discs with Atmos, but with Netflix playing Atmos.
0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options

Okay - my Samsung Q70r Netflix app supports Atmos and shows Atmos if I turn on DD+ in the sound setting. The problem I have is, that I get no sound then on my HW-K950 soundbar because it's hooked up to the TV through hdmi arc I think. 

0 Likes
Soxbrother
Explorer
Options

What sound setting are you referring to ?
I don't see any DD+ sound setting in the UBD player, in the Netflix app or my tv settings.

But even if the setting was on my tv it couldn't work because of the ARC channel.

0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
It's in the sound settings of my Samsung TV. Under expert settings
0 Likes
Crni
Explorer
Options

Some Problem by my tv, after set the tv to factory condition , atmos is visible again in netflix

0 Likes