Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27-02-2020 02:33 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Tonanza
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options

I can do the same, but get no sound from my sound bar on DD+ event hough Netflix shows Atmos. I have Th hw-k950 and come to think it's because it doesn't support atmos through Arc. 

0 Likes
A_Ram
First Poster
Options

So the fix for me was as mentioned here before by some. It's been pretty simple. Just exit out of netflix or whatever app is in question that you are trying to run. Then from the tv menu settings disable the smart connect feature then re enable after just a few seconds. Dolby Atmos content shows back up on Netflix like clockwork. Hope it helps some of you. 

0 Likes
q0bra
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

Just went through those 25 pages.. (Or most of...) Bought a Q70R TV and a Q70R Soundbar.. And ofcourse wanted to enjoy the Dolby Atmos, which was not showing up. 

I'm not sure if it's written somewhere in the comments, but I ended up with an easy Google Search.. "Netflix Dolby Atmos Abo"

And yes, you need the UHD abo... Jezus! 

Upgraded my abo and now I have DOLBY ATMOS / HDR / Ultra HD 4K options... 

Just saying! 

memorendon
First Poster
Options
what is UHD abo?
0 Likes
Soxbrother
Explorer
Options
The subscription that has 4K in it.
The one that enables you to watch on 4 screens.
0 Likes
q0bra
Journeyman
Options

UHD subscription (most expensive formula)

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
Hi
Of course I have the premium Netflix subscription. As I have posted before on xbox one I get a film offering Dolby atmos on the tv the same film only shows dolby 5.1 that is why this whole thread started dude
0 Likes
Soxbrother
Explorer
Options

I noticed something funny.

In the Windows 10 app a certain show shows the Dolby Atmos logo and the video itself is in HD, go figure...

If I go to that show with the tv's Netflix app, I get UHD video but no Dolby Atmos.

So the choice is to either see it with the best video quality or the best sound quality,

why can't I have both ?

It sucks !!

0 Likes
LBH
First Poster
Options

My setup:

Q90R TV + Q90R Soundbar, Netflix premium account (with UHD and Atmos)

I have the issue to get Dolby Atmost in past, tracked it down to changing Netflix stream quality from auto to high + manualy changed sound output in tv setting to DolbyDigital Plus (sounbar connected via HDMI ARC ports on both sides)

this worked fine until like this week, when suddenly no Dolby Atmos logo in netflix titles again. Not sure what cused this, I suspect it is change of firmware on samsung devices or netflix app itself. The Sound settings menu where I used to select type of output codding (to DD+) is now inactive (while displays grayed DD+). Under this situation I tryed lot's of things found on internet and as well tips from Samsung support people. Finaly ended up with getting the TV into factory settings based on advice from QLED help line and went through the TV setup from scratch. Once done, turned on the soundbar and TV detected it with message something like "Dolby atmos compatible soundbar connected". Since this moment, I can again see Dolby Atmos logo in some netflix titles, and sounbar shows the Dolby Atmos text on display once I start to play them. The audio setting for  sound codding in TV Sound menu is still grayed, but now all works fine. So if you experience something like me, give a try to reinstalation of your devices.