Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 06:14 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options
Mine has updated automatically. Imnin the uk . Strange
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Does QN55Q85R support playing Dolby Atmos source on TV's application(like Netflix, Dizney, Apple and playing NAS contents through DLNA) through Dolby Atmos speaker directly connected to TV's HDMI, without any other device?

0 Likes
Dannyv
Journeyman
Options

In NL update not yet available qe55q7. 

0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
Will try that
0 Likes
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options
Also looked in manual for your sound bar and only movie or sports mode seem to support 5.1.2 sound so could try that ?
0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
It didn't work I'm afraid
0 Likes
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options
Sorry all out of ideas . Can only be firmware on soundbar or the hdmi cable.

As you have sound from tv in 5.1 so hdmi must be in correct hdmi for arc.

I've had hdmi cables in the past that have worked on lower audio signals but not with some formats .

Might be worth asking on avforum as you can post pictures and someone must have had same issue .

Good luck
0 Likes
Pooo0001
First Poster
Options
One last thing . Try to reset sound bar possibly.

You can do a hard reset by leaving the unit on and pressing both the Volume up and Volume down button at same time. It will take a few seconds....then it will flash Unit, then flash OFF...wait a moment and turn it back on.  
0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options

Hi everyone. Seems like the issues with the Samsung TVs and soundbars are more common than what most people though and most of this issues could be solve if Samsung had already released the eARC update that they promised at the beginning of last year. Now apparently they have already launched the new 2020 lineup that includes all the updates that were promise  to be receive by the 2019 lineup. The eARC update solves many of the issues related to atmos sound and better compatibility with Xbox and other devices. It doesn't require new or different hardware on the TVs or soundbars.  Sony has already updated their past years lineup by releasing the eARC update almost a year ago. The question is what's holding Samsung from doing the same?. Do they just want to use the eARC as a selling point for the 2020 lineup. 
Samsung marketed and sold the 2019 lineup of soundbars and TVs with the promise of a soon to be release update to support eARC, a year later nothing has happened and a new lineup is already out on the market. This shows a complete lack of ethics from Samsung from which we havent  heard a word about the issue. 
Marketing and selling a product under a unfulfilled promise borders the line of a scam. EARC might not be important for some maybe even not important for most of the users, bit for those who purchased any of this products under the promise of a future update it is important since that was the selling point Samsung used in order to attract this particular kind of customers. If this promise would t have been made then nobody will be upset and no complains would be made. But the facts is that Samsung promised and used this promised to sell something, no if this is not honored by Samsung the it turns into a scam l, plain and simple.  Read this link and get inform. At this moment a pressure is building on Samsung from the media and from users to answer what happened with this upgrade. https://twitter.com/stephenwithers/status/1216296178314371072?s=21  Also check on Twitter  #earcSamsungGate

Soxbrother
Explorer
Options

I have a HW-K950 soundbar, UE55-JS9000 tv and UBD-K8500 4k player.

I've tried to get Atmos through the Netflix app, but I never see the Atmos logo on the serie/movie page.

That it not works through the tv, that I understand, because Atmos TrueHD doesn't work with ARC. Allthough I read here that DD+ Atmos does work with ARC. Nevertheless it doesn't work.

But here is what I don't understand, with my Netflix app on the 4k player it also doesn't work, why ?

I mean, there's a direct connection between the player and the soundbar, so why doesn't it work then ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes