Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 28-08-2019 07:29 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Iza_in_Manila
First Poster
Options
this is fantastic news, hopefully that means Samsung is working on updating their TV's or the Netflix app for them. Did you get a system update? Or did the app just update itself?
0 Likes
corb06
Explorer
Options

We have 2018 QLED Q8F series. And we have the brand new Samsung Soundbar HW-Q80R (Q86R) with Dolby Atmos support. 

However, we are not able to get Netflix to play Dolby Atmos to it. Not via TV-app and not via Nvidia Shield android app. 

This sucks. 

Rickii2
First Poster
Options

es lo mismo que me pasa parce , saludos desde mexico. 

esepro se pongan las pilas estos Huevones,,,, ,,,

0 Likes
Garry013
Student
Options

Totally Sucks, I'm stuck with 75Q6F, no atmos on Netflix app ... Would never buy a Samsung again

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Garry013 wrote:

Totally Sucks, I'm stuck with 75Q6F, no atmos on Netflix app ... Would never buy a Samsung again

So much for a premium product. No atmos, no DTS, and lots of complaint against them, as you can see here. 

primalair
Pathfinder
Options

The Shield's Netflix App doesn't support Atmos so therefore you can't blame Samsung but that the internal App doesn't, while the 2019 models do, there you can blame them. I try to fix HDMI ARC issues between my Q85R TV and Q90R Soundbar and I'm also out of luck there. Nothing about this products is premium, sorry.

Zeplman
Apprentice
Options

I too am having the same issue.  I have the Q90R and the HW-K950 as well as a SONY Reciever that supports ATMOS/DTSX etc.  I have called Both Samsung and Sony(they are not available 24x7) , so I talked to Samsung. On the phone for over 40 mins finally hung up. They were of no use. I get sound and Picture but like  you I went to Netflix chose OKJA (should have Dobly ATMOS as a audio selection but that is a BIG NOPE!. 

RT66
Apprentice
Options

Hey! I've sat with Samsung on the phone several times! Unfortunately received poor response. has subsequently emailed the CEO. Without success. Contacted after the seller who sold Samsung. Large electric chain. Now things have started happening ..... After the Electric giant contacted Samsung, I will bring home a Samsung technician who will solve the problem. free. We'll see what to end. But the Elgigant has really helped and tried to solve my problem. All the honor to that company.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RT66 wrote:

Hey! I've sat with Samsung on the phone several times! Unfortunately received poor response. has subsequently emailed the CEO. Without success. Contacted after the seller who sold Samsung. Large electric chain. Now things have started happening ..... After the Electric giant contacted Samsung, I will bring home a Samsung technician who will solve the problem. free. We'll see what to end. But the Elgigant has really helped and tried to solve my problem. All the honor to that company.

I don't think the Netflix on board app is Dolby atmos. I know the LG and Microsoft are. 

Zeplman
Apprentice
Options

Can you proivde you cabling configuation ?  Currently the Dobly Digital+ is grey(not selectable) I get sound and picture but no Atmos.  I have the Q90R , Samsung HW-K950 and a Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch AV Receiver

Thanks

0 Likes