Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 21-08-2019 10:08 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Loft85
Explorer
Options
Part of the problem for me is that it won't recognize my hw-k950 atmos soundbar as an atmos device, so I'm not able to anable digital+ om my TV.? Have the same versions of the app and TV firmware
0 Likes
GarySargent
Explorer
Options

Have you tried playing an Atmos source in Netflix then going to the audio option to select Dolby digital+.

It does seem to be disabled but once you manage to enable it you're ok.

Try Another Life on Netflix that works in Atmos for me.

0 Likes
Loft85
Explorer
Options
Im then able to switch to DD+ but get no sound at all from Netflix. Think my Samsung Hw-k950 aren't able to provide atmos over arc
0 Likes
GarySargent
Explorer
Options

Make sure as well as DD+ on in the TV you have selected that you have an Atmos capabable source (just below the DD+ setting).

Once the TV is all set if you still have no sound, try power cycling the sound bar. Also try stopping Netflix and then playing it again.

miegel
Apprentice
Options

I just updated my hw-n850's firmware and bingo: it plays atmos! My TV is a q60r... 

0 Likes
BornCZ
First Poster
Options

Anyone with 2018 QLED who was able to get Netflix Atmos working? Getting kinda desperate. I guess I'll have to get Apple TV 4K to get most of my new HW-Q80r soundbar.

0 Likes
Dannyv
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here with the 55q7f tv in combination with an lg SL8YG soundbar. Hoping for Samsung to sort this out. Im able to select DD+ on tv when using netflix but Netflix only shows 5.1 option when im watching a dolby atmos supporting movie. 

0 Likes
mstar
Explorer
Options

Petition signed.

I have a Q9FN and N850 I just signed upto netflix ultra account, went on "Bright" show and it only shows 5.1 (expected old netflix tv app?) But in settings-->sound the output has automatically switched to Dolby Digital++  but on soundbar it does not say "Dolby Atmos".  

Last time I saw the sound settings.automatically to dolby digital ++ was when I was watching dolby atmos on Sky Q.  

Am I getting 5.1 sound or atmos? I am confused.

I have not updated to latest FW on tv.  

0 Likes
dclmun
First Poster
Options

did you try to update the TV firmware to 1312? online support tells me problem sloved in firmware 1312

I also got my Q60R with HW-K950, same problem with you, but the latest update for my TV just only 1307 in my country

0 Likes
RT66
Apprentice
Options

How Hard ist to fix this Samsub ,High end products!!!!!!
Probably includes selling my  Samsung Q9F tv  and Samung 950 N  Soundbar ,and never by Any Samsug products.
Does not live up to being a high end product without Dolby Atmos on Netflis or Streaming services
Very poor Samsung 😞