Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 26-07-2019 04:42 AM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Loft85
Explorer
Options

Do you know if that allso aplies to the HW-K950? Really bothered that I can't get atmos through my soundbar on my Q70R

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

@rahulsandhu, I don't know why they don't state it but when I play a title with TrueHD Atmos via Shield, what is hocked up to my Soundbar the Sound doesn't get transcoded serverside and the Soundbar shows correct Atmos.

Screenshot_20190721-111823-01.jpeg

0 Likes
Andyfarmer
Apprentice
Options
Is that from the tv app or are you getting Netflix from an external device?
0 Likes
Lostkiwi
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys. I have a Samsung NU8000 I bought August last year and just ordered online a Samsung N850 soundbar that supports DTS:X and Dolby Atmos. 

Does anyone know if this setup will play Dolby Atmos in netflix?

What can I buy or pay for to enable it to work, eg. Do I need to get AppleTV4K?

im wondering if I should cancel my order as why pay so much for an Atmos soundbar and not have Atmos. 

0 Likes
primalair
Pathfinder
Options

@andyfarmer context of your question and towards what post?! Just read thes few posts and you find the answer without leaving the effort to answer things that are already answered to others.

0 Likes
rahulsandhu
Journeyman
Options

@lostkiwi Your TV and soundbar are good to get Dolby Atmos. Only thing you now need is Netflix to support atmos on your Tv which in my guess is it doesn't support it yet. Apple4K does give atmos through Netflix. In starting, netflix didnt support my tv either but they updated that app and it does now. You can wait and see if they update yours too or buy apple4k tv.

slicker55
Explorer
Options

@rahulsandhu 

@Lostkiwi

and that's it in a nutshell....

if you want it, wait or cough up!
:grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye:

Lostkiwi
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for responding. I figured as much. Took me awhile to figure this stuff out. I don’t think I have the patience to wait around and see, I already spent $3K on a soundbar and tv and have an Ultra Netflix account so might as well get something to stream Dolby data from. Off to get an AppleTV4K. If Netflix and Samsung get sorted I can just resell it for some money back.
0 Likes
slicker55
Explorer
Options

@Lowstkiwi
My sentiments - took the same approach myself but haven't looked back since getting ATV4K - it's brilliant - I don't think you will have any regrets when you see the amount of 4K / Atmos stuff... there ain't no shops in heaven or luggage straps on a hearse - go get it and enjoy :smiling-face:

0 Likes
axpetts
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have a 2018 Q9FN which has not yet got Atmos on the Netflix app. Would anyone who has Atmos on the Netflix app be able to post what version of Netflix your TV has?

When going into settings on the Apps menu and selecting View Details on the Netflix app, mine gives Version 8.0.0 and was updated on 15/07/19. I was wondering if those who have Atmos have a different version. 

0 Likes