Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 18-07-2019 02:47 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
Incredible_Hawk
First Poster
Options

I found out yesterday that if you have Verizion Fios Quantum set top boxes, they support Atmos in Netflix. I have the Samsung 65 inch NU8000 and I signed into my account just see if it had Atmos because I exhausted all of my HDMI connection options. I selected the Punisher and Atmos was in the title section. I listend to it on my new Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2.4 that I just picked up this past Thursday at Best Buy and it sounded amazing! I bought an Apple TV 4K also and was getting nothing. I'm happy now that my Fios gives me Atmos and the Apple TV will be going back to Best Buy today.

slicker55
Explorer
Options
Glad you got it sorted and can get a refund for the ATV4K... now, to find that movie... it sounds like it will be right up my street :smiling-face:
oog
First Poster
Options

@primalair wrote:

Well don't know if its a bug but since today I have Atmos on the internal Netflix App of my Q85R TV. I was that surprised that I did a short video. You can see the Atmos batch on Netflix as well as the message on my Q90R soundbar.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vqF8ZnwjuAgFkEwx6

@primaliar: can you tell what firmware version is on your Samsung TV?

primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Sure:

TV: 1303.7

SB: 1008

0 Likes
slicker55
Explorer
Options

@Incredible_Hawk

Thanks again for mentioning 'Punisher' - found it on Netflix 4K/HDR/Atmos - viewing via Apple TV4K, looks like this will be a brilliant series - binging as we speak and it's your fault I'm not outside attending to some of my household chores!
:smiling-face:

0 Likes
Victordlsb
Explorer
Options

Hi. Can you confirm this is still working with other titles? I have tried to contact with Netflix support about this but the person attending was quite useless...

primalair
Pathfinder
Options

Sure. Here we go. Here you see als one of the problems I have. The soundbar doesn't turn on itself. I have all the time to do this in the menu. Think it's firmware of TV related as the "live TV terestrial" appears also all the time again even when I delete it...

Here an other example:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f6GoANz7BTmSu5Sz8

rahulsandhu
Journeyman
Options

It is available from today.

Bought Q60 TV and HW-Q90R soundbar yesterday. Was disappointed to found out Netflix didnt support Dolby Atmos in Samsung TVs. But to my suprise today, Dolby Atmos (DA) is now enabled. There are many DA content on Netflix. So glad about it.

Dolby1980
Explorer
Options

I wish there was something more official where we could see exactly what models. It appears 2019 and up (no 2018 via firmware?)

But also Netflix don't list it under supported devices 

Leet2274
Pioneer
Options
So it hasnt been added to q9fn by firmware update?

I seen too that samsung tvs are still not on netflix atmos compatible list, will see if they add them.......
0 Likes