Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my tv saying " Network is disconnected" and how to stop it

(Topic created on: 13-12-2021 08:39 PM)
redkitewatcher
Journeyman
Options
Spoiler
My TV is working fine and I am watching TV with no problems, however my TV keeps saying " Network Disconnected".  Wi Fi is also working fine . Why is it doing this? Is there any way I can off the voice setting as its getting really annoying
15 REPLIES 15
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This message is referring to a weak or no signal for cable or antenna with regular TV and therefore can be ignored.

0 Likes
redkitewatcher
Journeyman
Options

I can't ignore it as the TV is shouting it out every two or three minutes and its driving me mad. Is there anyway I can turn the voice off

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try this page

Voice on TV announces everything I do

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01204091/
0 Likes
redkitewatcher
Journeyman
Options

I have already been there but it says voice guide is switched off. I have tried turning it on and then turning it off again but still not stopping it

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi Try

On your Samsung remote, press the Home button.

Scroll to the very left and select “Settings”.

Select “General” and then select “Accessibility”.

On top of the menu, you'll see “Voice Guide Settings”. Turn off the button next to it. It will go from green to grey.
0 Likes
redkitewatcher
Journeyman
Options

Hi as I said above, I have already been there and the voice setting is already off and showing grey. I have tried turning in on and then off again but still not stopped it

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @redkitewatcher Check that both Voice Guide setting  and Voice Guide are switched off. Therefore click on voice Guide setting till you get to the next menu.

In any case think advisable to reset the Network connection, if the issue persists may wish to try a Factory Reset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jamesps
First Poster
Options

I just want to share my experience of this. In my case, we had a network outage for about a day.

In that time, we thought we would watch/play some offline content through the TV. However, the TV constantly shouts that 'Network is disconnected'.

This is an incredibly annoying 'feature' which basically makes the TV useless if you don't have network connection, since your content is constantly interrupted by the TV stating the obvious. This could be easily fixed, if it just popped a notification on-screen if you try to access any internet services or apps.

And yes, I have double checked the Voice Guide settings are all disabled. I doubt this will go anywhere, but it would be great if this could be relayed back to someone so it can be changed.

Or maybe there's a better place for this rant.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jamesps  That is a bit strange if Voice Guide settings are definitely off. I have never experienced that myself as the odd time that that the internet was down (never been very long in my case)   I only got a message on the screen, just checking that you have the latest firmware?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes