Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'll never buy Samsung products again - 8K QLED Samsung tv

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 05:09 PM)
AlHants
Journeyman
Options

Over the many many years I have been a Samsung fan I have always found them to be a reasonable, caring company. However, that all changed when I had the misfortune to spend £2000 on an 8K QLED Samsung tv (model QE55Q700 TATXXU). I had the TV delivered and within 2 days it developed a fault whereby the picture kept dropping to black. Stupidly and regrettably I accepted a replacement of the same model.

Within 6 months, the replacement model developed the same fault and Samsung authorised engineers visited and replaced some of the internal parts. The picture came back and all seemed well, until....

Within another 6 months, the exact same problem again. Samsung replaced more of the internal parts. It came good....until yet AGAIN....December last year another fault has developed which means I cannot watch the tv.

Samsung's response is both dismissive and uncaring - take it up with the people I bought it from. Samsung are not interested in their TV being not fit for purpose or of sufficient quality. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a £50 piece of kit, but to spend £2000 on a TV, you would expect it to work properly for more than 6 months at a time.

I don't think I'm the only customer who has had issues with this model Samsung TV - as can be seen from the replies I've had in a previous posting on this subject and for Samsung just to wash their hands and say they don't give a toss is totally disappointing and unacceptable.

My advice to anyone buying a Samsung product (of any type) is to make sure you do your research - don't believe what Samsung say in their "customer service is important' spiel. I made that mistake, and am now regretting it.

Samsung is no more for me. If anyone wants to buy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy watch 4, earbuds, Tab S8 - I am putting them up for sale. I can't guarantee that they will last but, then again, neither can Samsung.

Appalling company.

8 REPLIES 8
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Doesn't that model come with a 5 year warranty
G G
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is how things work. You purchased the goods from a third party so your contract is with them and not Samsung, it's not they have washed their hands of you.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AlHants  The contract is with the retailer as @Pugs1957  has stated. Do you still have warranty on the product?   I appreciate it may have been a frustrating experience  but still it was your decision to accept the same model as a replacement.  From your post it seems you have contacted the retailer since the latest incident in December which you will need to do to seek a further resolution.  There can be issues with some  models from various manufacturers, I have had several Samsung Tv's throughout the years and have encountered few issues personally.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I believe so but when you've had a third visit to repair an item I can understand why the OP is diappointed. I certainly would return the set as well.

AlHants
Journeyman
Options
I'm in contact with Curry's. I'll see what they have to say.
ukraine
First Poster
Options
Until samsung pull out if russia I also will not buy anything samsung again.
0 Likes
CrapTV
First Poster
Options

Why I'll never buy Samsung products again - QLED7 Samsung TV: Legal Action 

Paul O M
First Poster
Options

Hi Al, I 100% agree with you. Purchased a QE85Q70TATXXU tv 2 years ago at nearly €3,000 through littlewoods in Ireland. Just over two years old and has dark areas on the screen. Samsung pointed me to their authorised repairer who wants nearly €1500 to fix it, plus I have to get it to them hours away. Have gone back to Samsung and they have basically said tough luck, it's out of warranty.  I have 3 other Samsung tvs in the house and have had several galaxy phones,  tablets and more. They don't care, never buying Samsung again and will make it my life's mission to stear others away from them. Some good will would have been expected but just disgusted with the attitude from Samsung is what annoys me most.

0 Likes