Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White square on screen

(Topic created on: 18-09-2022 06:54 PM)
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Hi folks. 

On the S95B I've noticed there's a very annoying small white square appears on the top left corner of my screen on SOME of my channels. 

This can be very off putting particularly when watching dark scenes. I'm assuming it's indicating film maker mode or something like that (even though my screen is set to standard). Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Also, I've purchased a sound system separately and connected it via e-arc and the speech delay is out of sync where the mouth moves first then the sound comes out. I've gone into the sound settings and there's a slide bar for this but even when I put it to zero it's still not enough. 

I'd really appreciate any help on these issues. 

Thank you. 

Paul 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Paul1802: Are you viewing the affected channels through an external set top box, or is the issue affecting channels that are tuned directly to the TV? To give me a better understanding of the issue, please can you post a photo that clearly shows the white square, and include a description of the channel you're on, and any other relevant information. 

For your lip syncing issue, please can you confirm if you have made the necessary adjustments via Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Output Audio Delay? In the event that your sound system doesn't support eARC, please try connecting to an alternate HDMI port to see if the issue persists. 

0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

Hi again Andrew.

Think I've got to the bottom of it. The white square and lip sync issues only pertain to an amazon firestick hdmi input. When the source is set to the VM box neither are an issue. 

I'll delve deep into the Amazon settings to see if there's anything I can tweak. 

Sorry for being a pain but I always try to buy top rated hardware and get the best settings available from them. 

Regards 

Paul 

AndrewL
Options

@Paul1802: No problem, Paul. If you're able to verify the issue you're having with your Firestick, then please don't hesitate to share your findings on here, as it may be of benefit to other Community members. 

0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

IMG20220918184741.jpg

 hopefully you'll be able to see the white square I'm talking about on this photo. 

0 Likes
Paul1802
Explorer
Options

IMG20220918185132.jpg

 zoomed in shot. Not as noticible with the Footie (sorry massive Derry City fan and this is a huge game for us) but if watching a film it's horrible on dark scenes. 

0 Likes
Neverthetwain
First Poster
Options
It's a copyright symbol. I google it.
0 Likes
winkke
First Poster
Options
I had a little white box whilst watching Corrie tonight never noticed it before. I've switched over watch wigan and York game on bbc2 and it's gone off
0 Likes