Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White lines on TV screen

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 12:05 PM)
JayL
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung UE55MU6470UXXU TV. I seem to be getting these strange white lines coming through on the TV.

Any idea on what this is called/how it can be fixed?

See below, i have cicled in red where these lines appear. 

White Lines TV Screen.jpg

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks,

J

There's never a stup1d question if you don't know the answer
31 REPLIES 31
smithy602179
Explorer
Options
Have u tried repositioning the TV. It looks like sun reflection
0 Likes
JayL
Explorer
Options
Thanks for your reply. It's not sun reflection. It was doing this on the wall. The photo above is the opposite side of the room, and on the floor.
There's never a stup1d question if you don't know the answer
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Looks like it's bruised in two very distinct lines. Have you got kids? If so have they got any toys that shape that may have hit the TV on the wall while play fighting or something? e.g. plastic swords or light sabers
0 Likes
Andrew I
Student
Options

Same with mine- did you ever get an answer? 
image.jpg

Members_6lF81UE
First Poster
Options

16300607314387610917552830786396.jpg

 I have the same.  Curious as to the cause.  TV is 55" and about 3yrs old.

Jonass Comstock
Student
Options

163314302508656627482441732031.jpg

 The same thing happened with my TV I got this about 3 years ago from Best buy and now this white line or stress mark just randomly appeared I wonder if this issue can be fixed. Or do I have to get another TV and if so Will Samsung compensate me for my TV just randomly getting blemishes like this it was very expensive

jwtex
Student
Options

I have the same issue on a 55" Frame (QN55LS03AAFXZA) that is 3 years old and the lines are roughly in the same place as the picture above.  Has anyone received an answer on how to resolve?  

Jonass Comstock
Student
Options

I have yet to find out if there's a fix Samsung has not gotten back to me or attempted to address this issue that customers have been having. I will keep you posted and will be filing a complaint about faulty merchandise and customer service because that TV was $1,800 after 3 years it shouldn't be going out or expiring

03deucerider
First Poster
Options

I have a UN65KS8000

and this just popped up on my screen yesterday, has anyone found out what the cause is?716D7AB7-912A-4E9C-B887-63663921EECC.jpeg