Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the infrared remote sensor located in the One Connect box of the QLED 2019 TVs?

(Topic created on: 17-11-2019 03:18 PM)
UPafus
Journeyman
Options

I'd like to use my sonos sytem with the remote of my 2019 QLED Sonos TV to adjust the volume of the TV set.

The one connect box is place in a wooden drawer of my furniture. Unfortunately it seems that the Infrared signal is not well received by the One Connect box. So I can only turn up/down volume when I am very close by the One connect box (less then 1 meter).
Can you please tell me where exactly in the OCbox the sensor is located? - And if there is any planning to sell a (cable based mini-remote sensor) to avoid this problem.

Is there any other other idea how to solve this problem?

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
First Poster
Options

I've bought an IR extender which worked perfectly. Am able to use the remote to control the volume (of Sonos) and the TV or  Set top box.

0 Likes
Charm11
First Poster
Options

@115641 wrote:

I've bought an IR extender which worked perfectly. Am able to use the remote to control the volume (of Sonos) and the TV or  Set top box.

Which IR extender did you purchase? And where on or around the one connect box did you place the emitter? I tried setting up an IR extender I've had for some time, but had no luck.

0 Likes
nrjessup
Apprentice
Options

Thanks I’m guessing from your reply that the Q60,70,80 all have an IR extender/repeater port?  It’s no where in the documents online so I cannot tell if it has one or not.

0 Likes
nrjessup
Apprentice
Options

You have an IR extender but do which model Samsung do you own?

0 Likes
Sdonx
First Poster
Options

Took me a while to figure out. I can control my sonos soundbar with the samsung remote. I used the universal remote menu in settings.

i have a 2019 Q90R QLED

0 Likes
Sdonx
First Poster
Options

That didnt stick...back to square one.

0 Likes
Atone
First Poster
Options

The IR receiver is located on the TV.  The One-Connect box does have an IR repeater (if you were going to have the box in a closed space with other componants and wanted to control them via IR).  In this case, where you want to control your Sonos Sound bar via IR and have the One Connect in a closed space, you will have to set it up through the Universal Remote setup.... Because you don't want the One Connect box to send the IR (you want the remote itselft to send the signal) you will have to set it up a bit differently as you go through the steps.  Go through the steps - start-- set up new device for home theater-- search Sonos and select-- Power test * this is where you want to answer "no" to the first "did this power off your device" question... on the second test answer "yes"... this should swap the IR to be sent from the remote and allow you to control the sound bar.

Erikbro09
Apprentice
Options

Check this link out  ! Should solve your problem 😊

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3444?language=en_US

0 Likes
ChicagoRik
First Poster
Options

This is a reply to Aton's post of 2019 - OMG you are a genious!  This worked perfectly, first try.  I was about to send the Playbar back after talking to Sonos and then Samsung - neither knew the answer.  My TV is a 2019 Frame 65", the One Connect box is in a seperate room behind the wall with the Sonos PlayBar installed direclty under the TV.  Did exactly as you said, worked!!  Thank you!

psanchez
First Poster
Options

YES !!!!! I did it too and worked like a charm !!!!

0 Likes