Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Guide EPG on my new SMART FRAME TV

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 09:09 PM)
grahamm7
Explorer
Options

I have a new 2022 Frame 32" TV.  To replace my older samsung LED 32".  On my old TV controller I had a button labled GUIDE.  This on freeview brings up the program guide EPG.  Couldn't obviously see the button.  Maybe Samsung have changed yet another thing!  There is now a LIST obvious button that just lists the channels but doesn't show what the channel is showing re programs v time.  This is my annoyance that system/software gurus change everything they will say to move forward in the wonderful modern technical world.  I see it with Microsoft as I now live with Windows 11 they have moved things around control panel to settings.  Then they even change the function the way it works as they move it around.  Somethings even disappear.  What they forget is that a human being user is using it.  We have become used to how it operates and works from a user point of view.  I do trust Samsung with the Smart (Android) TVs don't go down this route heavily.  So where is the EPG guide that I and my wife find so useful on this wonderful 2022 Smart TV to replace our older SMART TV.  I am becoming somewhat of an unhappy bunny Mr Samsung.  But thanks for the users on this forum.  Keep up the good work.  And lets keep Samsung on their toes.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AntS
Options

Hi @grahamm7 ,

I think the system/software gurus like to keep everyone else on their toes in their  voyages of discovery they have for us all. 😄

I fuzzily recall one of my TV/AV Tech colleagues very briefly mentioning one time that the EPG can be accessed by pressing the up and down / v  channel button on the remote. The User Manual (https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202210/20221007165443572/BN81-22795C-560_EM_OSNDVBEUB_...) suggests that my memory perhaps isn't too bad on that front:

Screenshot 2022-10-19 155244.png

Screenshot 2022-10-19 155819.png

Hawaii_21
First Poster
Options

Similar story for me too, I've just upgraded my old Samsung for a new 65"Neo QLED TV which comes with one new style remote and one old style remote and as above the old style remote has no EPG button (it does have a CH LIST button).

If someone at SAMSUNG is reading this, then how about making the CH LIST button call up the EPG as I've searched a lot of comments and seems to me this would be a popular option as against just calling up the channel list, why is it possible to call the EPG with the new remote, but you have removed it from the old style remote. When you push CH LIST, would you think that most people are trying to find out what's on and what's coming on.  I'm guessing all those super tech guys back in Korea don't have time to actually watch the TVs they design and program. Come on Samsung pull your socks up.

0 Likes
Members_FKfivPn
Student
Options

Hi I've just purchased a Samsung tv and I to couldn't find the EPG. I've just dropped on it. If you keep the CH List button pressed down it displays the EPG. Hope this helps. 

Members_FKfivPn
Student
Options

Hi Graham I've just purchased a Samsung tv and I to couldn't find the EPG. I've just dropped on it. If you keep the CH List button pressed down it displays the EPG. Hope this helps. 

Kus_i
First Poster
Options

Tried this doesn’t work for 2022 QLED 65” 4k

grahamm7
Explorer
Options

I sympathise.  On this new FRAME Samsung TV it is meant to be smarter!!  No longer Teletext because BBC have changed it slightly and Samsung don't support.  The Red button is now supposed to give me BBC additional services.  I have yet to make the Red Button do anything.  the old EPG button is now Disney streaming.  No doubt because from a marketing view point we are now into streaming.  So no EPG button on the old inferred dumb controller.  But I have been given a second controller called the SMART controller.  No real legends on it helping you to know what the buttons do.  By pressing the RH button I found it gave me the EPG although I was sure the functionality was as before with that function!   I have downloaded the E-manual but it doesn't seem that clear in helping you to use the TV.  Lots of stuff setting up where to plug in HDMI leads etc...  That is pretty straight forward for most of us.  And if you can't cope get the retail supplier to set it up for you - most will probably at a charge.  I like Samsung technology I have 2 Samsung Smart phones, and a Samsung Tablet now with this so called SMART TV.  But I think there user guides etc... are poor.  AND are Samsung listening to us the USERS??  Many of us politely raise things on this Forum trying to help each other.  But where is Samsung?  Are they listening to the users and improving functionality are just give more gizzmo and shiny new features.  So I am as confused as some of you other Samsung users.

0 Likes
PaulHammers
First Poster
Options
It works thanks
0 Likes
Dav5914
First Poster
Options
Thanks saved me a lot of heartache.
0 Likes
Divva01
First Poster
Options

Turns out, if you hold down the channel up/down button to bring up the channel list, then release and push the same button once, the EPG comes up. Not exactly user friendly.