Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Where is the Audio Out on My UN55NU7100?

(Topic created on: 04-12-2018 02:31 PM)
eyendall
Apprentice
Options

I have a hearing deficit and use a Sennheiser Assistive Hearing set (transmitter and receiver) while watching TV which normally plugs into the headphones port with a standard 3.5mm plug. My newly purchased UN55NU7100 does not have a dedicated headphones port. The "Connection Guide" on the TV explicitly mentions the ability to choose between "Optical and Audio Out" illustrating the different cable connectors for each. Damned if I can find something that works using one of the two  coloured ports which are labelled AV In and Component in, nor find any other port. The manual, such as it is, is a joke. Am I missing something simple and obvious (complicated and not obvious?)? Grateful for your help with this.

Go to solution
18 REPLIES 18
HussainK
First Poster
Options

You need to check in sound setting it must be on PCM, not on dolby or dobly plus, I was facing same problem on HDMI Arc connected to sound bar. Hope it works, share feedback. 

0 Likes
TonyFick
First Poster
Options

Where is the audio output on my QED60  tv,as I need to connect my steinhauser head phone

0 Likes
chart
First Poster
Options
Thank you for thinking of the cable box outputs! Bluetooth transmitter works great using the left and right audio outputs on the cable box. I can turn my sound bar all the way down to use only headphones.
0 Likes
ThiH
First Poster
Options

How can I send the audio from the YouTube app on the smart TV to my receiver? It does not work with the DAC-converter.

0 Likes
sam126
First Poster
Options

A converter can do the trick

0 Likes
nslTN
First Poster
Options

I'm having trouble getting my audio out of my UN556920.  I'm using the audio out port via the splitter that came with the TV (the 3.5mm yellow plug split to RCA).  That is being connected to a receiver via RCA.  I hear the popping on the speakers when plugging in but I do not get any sound from the TV.  I have changed settings to audio out and PCM but still nothing.  

Any suggestions, or am I needing to find digital optical converters to make this work?

0 Likes
Lisalou43
First Poster
Options
hi im totally confused I have ae issues so...do I get a dac adapter or not? literally at the end of my nerves with this TV
0 Likes
John 963
First Poster
Options

Sorry to be so downbeat about this problem. I have always been a fan of Samsung tvs. This love affair came to an end when they removed the headphone socket. They have also removed the rca sockets which gave us a simple solution. If you start messing with the optical socket then you will no longer be able to use a soundbar. I am now looking for a TV which has a headphone socket. I to would love to hear a solution which would solve the problem. In the meantime Samsung wise up and bring back the headphones socket 

0 Likes
Skxtr
First Poster
Options

I have gone on amazon and bought a optical audio to auxiliary converter theyre about 30 bucks and you can get a remote with some/ or Bluetooth as my tv will do Bluetooth now it can adjust volume as you can not adujust volume with an optical cable as it uses light to transfer sounds

Hope this helps!

0 Likes