Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Where is S95B MICROPHONE ?

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 05:46 PM)
redtees
Journeyman
Options

Setting up a new 65" S95B.  I can't for the life of me find the microphone on/off switch.  I've looked closely all along the bottom of the TV.   It's not behind the Samsung tag.

(I did find that you can turn the TV on by pressing by the remote eye. LOL)

Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15
Solution
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Don't believe there is, for my 95A it is the remote, for Bixby, Alexa and even Ring camera 2 way talk.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
redtees
Journeyman
Options

Thank you.  I've come to the same conclusion. I thought I read somewhere along the line that you could turn the mic on or off.

I've set the TV to Google Assistant and linked with my phone but nothing happens when I try to talk to the TV.  I must be doing something wrong somewhere....thanks again.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No problem if its any conciliation I spent quite awhile reading if it had a year ago, good we can save each other sometime 🙂
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
On the qe95b its in the bottom right corner but its really well recessed so you have to run your finger nail over it to find the switch
G G
0 Likes
redtees
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Ginga, but all I have there is the Samsung logo held on by a screw underneath.

0 Likes
Members_rCLK5RB
First Poster
Options

There is no microphne attached to the TV.  The only microphone for the S95B is on the universal remote.  You have to press the middle button above the direction circle and hold it down all the time you talk into the very top of the remote where the microphone is.

It's actullay quite a smart move, as you don't have to preface everything with "Hey Google" or "Alexa"  so your voice commands to the TV won't be caught by your nest or speaker.

0 Likes
redtees
Journeyman
Options

Thank you CLK.  It never dawned on me that the little hole WAS the mic.  I'm just tech savvy enough to be dangerous.  My problem was that even though I was sure that I had GA set up correctly, all my yelling and swearing at the TV wouldn't get a response.  After a couple of hours of troubleshooting I finally read something about re-pairing the remote.  I did that and voila!, GA responded!!  For some reason my brand new remote with my brand new TV was just a bit off.😁

0 Likes
Solution
Bluesmooth
Apprentice
Options

Hello Journeyman, I have the same S95b and I have the microphone  button. It's  not behind the samesung tag. It's about 12 inch to the left of the samsung  tag. It's a little hole where you can stick  your  finger and slide the button  to the left. From there can go into settings  and turn the voice  on. Once  you do that  put the voice on Bixby  and then you can say Hi  Bixby  without  the remote  control  and Bixby  will do or answer  the question  you ask it. I put  a picture  of the samsung  tag. IAgain if you go about 12 inch to the left of that tag it's  a small hole where you put your finger and switch  the biut to the left.

20230416_112918.jpg

0 Likes
Bluesmooth
Apprentice
Options

Hello Journeyman, I have the same S95b and I have the microphone  button. It's  not behind the samesung tag. It's about 12 inch to the left of the samsung  tag. It's a little hole where you can stick  your  finger and slide the button  to the left. From there can go into settings  and turn the voice  on. Once  you do that  put the voice on Bixby  and then you can say Hi  Bixby  without  the remote  control  and Bixby  will do or answer  the question  you ask it. I put  a picture  of the samsung  tag.

20230416_112918.jpg

Again if you go about 12 inch to the left of that tag it's  a small hole where you put your finger and switch  the biut to the left.