Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "previous channel" button on Samsung remote control?

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 08:20 PM)
Leonard8
Journeyman
Options

I have bought a Samsung 48" television.  The remote control works OK, except that I can't find the button to jump to the previous channel. To put another way, return to previous channel. On my remote there is a "Return" button with a circular arrow, but that only works on menus. There is no "Pre-ch" button on this remote. I have also tried pressing "0" as suggested elsewhere but that doesn't work.  Which button is the one to return to the previous channel? It is a very important feature and I can't believe that Samsung would not design it for my TV.

The TV model is HG48ED690DB and the remote is  AA59-00818A.

23 REPLIES 23
Manjo
First Poster
Options

On my remote, pressing the down directional button (just below the OK button) when watching "live TV" as opposed to streaming brings up your previously watched channels and highlights the last channel watched.  Hitting OK (i.e., enter) returns you to the previous channel.  My remote is the so-called Samsung Smart remote and it only has 9 buttons plus the 4 directional buttons.

0 Likes
Conar96
Apprentice
Options

Try hitting the button on the left of the control unit that says 123...scroll to the very left. Press it. It would then give you an option which says “more”. Press the middle button. Then you’ll get a menu with options, one should say previous....meaning channel. 
I hope that helps? 

nicholas-au
First Poster
Options

Hi, I’m in Sydney Australia. A recent Samsung TV software release has stopped the back/return button functioning as a toggle, jumping between the last 2 channels. However, I have found that a long press (1-2 sec) followed by a short press does cause the channel toggling for me. I’ve tried this on 2 different TVs. Please let me know if this works for you.

BenjiRaymond
First Poster
Options

Hi.

Try turning off HbbTV.

Settings/Broadcasting/Expert Settings/HbbTV Settings

When the HbbTV setting is on, the return button behaves as per Nicholas's post... a long press followed by a short press will bring up the previously viewed channel. When the HbbTV is off, a single click of the return button will bring up the prev channel.

My remote is model code BN59-01330C.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Allic
First Poster
Options

I double  tapped the back arrow / return button and this works. 😀

0 Likes
Tanner5mf
First Poster
Options

You may have solved, but here it is. Works just like Apple TV remote. Simply double tap  on down on the ring. Your previous watched channels will show, last one always on the far left.

Hochter
First Poster
Options

Hey Leonard, I was having the same issue, but the fastest way is to press the colored #button on the top left of the remote TWICE, which brings up the "last channel" option.  Kinda frustrating, but glad I found that option! Hope that helps😊

0 Likes
Scar86
First Poster
Options

If you have a voice command remote just say “LAST” and it will change back to the previous channel

0 Likes
The Burnses
First Poster
Options

this worked for us.  Thank you. Long press short press is the winner. Happy humans in our house today.  👏👏👏

0 Likes
Tully177
First Poster
Options

It’s in the 123 button on left top. It’s called last and you might have to hit 123 button 2 times to see “last” button

0 Likes