Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

what is the difference between the satellite main and satellite sub main rf connectors on a samsung one connect box

(Topic created on: 04-02-2020 11:02 AM)
Zimacs
Apprentice
Options

On the one connect box there are two F connections.   A Satellite Main and a Satellite sub Main.   What is each of them for?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AntS
Options

Hi @Zimacs ,

Reckon you've got a model with a Freesat twin/dual tuner (so you could possibly record a channel whilst watching another). Main would be the primary Freesat satellite input; the sub would only be used if you want to use the twin tuner feature. What's your TV's model number?

Zimacs
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thanks for this.   The TV model is QE65Q950RBTXXU

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

No worries. :smiling-face: And thanks! I can confirm that model has a twin Freesat tuner. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Bob56
Apprentice
Options

Hi AntS,

I have the Q60 OLED, it has twin tuners and 2 satellite connections at rear of TV.  I've got my sat dish connected, I used to have a Humax Freesat box.

I have a external HDD connected to the TV and it records when I press record etc.  However, I can't seem to be able to record one channel whilst watching another at same time.  The same when I'm recording say ITV and then try to switch to other channel, a Pop up appears saying I need to stop recording one program.

Support have told me I cannot record one channel whilst watching another, yet I have a screenshot of a support article that suggests I can.

What are your thoughts on this please?  Seems pointless that I can only record a channel I am watching!

Regards, 

Bob

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Bob56,

I asked for you. :winking-face:

My Audio Visual colleague advised me that for your model for this to work with a satellite input:

• The TV needs to be in ‘Freesat’ mode;
  • Both satellite feeds need to be connected;
  • Both satellite feeds need to be providing a signal from the dish;

If both feeds are connected, and it isn't working, you could try re-tuning the TV in Freesat: it will show 'Dual' or 'Single' before it auto-tunes if the second feed is detected.

The TV should be able to receive all channels and display an EPG from either feed. If that isn’t working then there may be a problem with the dish or the connections to it.

Bob56
Apprentice
Options
Thanks very much for getting back to me. I went through your list of suggestions, reconnected the feeds from sat dish and made sure correct.
I then went into the retune and it was showing 'single' , I was able to click on that and the option to change it to 'dual' appeared. I changed to dual, retuned and now it seems I can record one channel and switch to another at same time!
Seems it was just that setting needed changing. Thanks so much, I doubt I would have found that without your help. Don't know why Samsung couldn't have told me about this.
Thanks again, you're a star!
AntS
Options

No worries, @Bob56. Most of the credit goes to my colleague - and glad it's sorted for you now! :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Allan NP
First Poster
Options

Maybe you can help me to, can I do the same whit to tuners if I have CI module in and card from canal digital? 

0 Likes
DarkNight1
First Poster
Options
Hi there, I have a Samsung Qe55qn700at 8k neo qled and just keeps having problems with it. It has been to repair twice. The screen been replaced then 3 weeks later have dual or double image left and right of screen. Then back to repair but they say they cannot reproduce it. Got it back now 2 weeks on got double image again. And on top of that I connected on the 1st LNB to it for Astra 28.2 but I can never get 100% signal whereas my old hisense 100%, my android tv box 100%, I am just lost for words any help would be greatly appreciated as what I want to do yank it if the wall and step on it until its no more.😅
0 Likes