Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is in QE55Q85R firmware update 1335

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 11:10 AM)
chrisnavigator
First Poster
Options

I just found the latest firmware update for my TV QE55Q85R and installed it.  Apart from causing a bit of a problem with my TV connection to my Sky Q box  what else is it supposed to do?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AdelineL
MegaStar
Options

Hello @chrisnavigator , 

I just read your message and I'm sorry for the situation with Sky Q box. :thinking-face:

The main purpose of an update is to fix the bugs that already exist.

Since you have specified a connection error with this type of device, is it possible  to give us more details regarding the type of connection error?

I'm waiting your return.

Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options

@Ancap , sorry to jump in on this thread , I purchased a Samsung TV ( Samsung QE43Q60RATXXU) I also have Sky Q 2tb V2, the problem I am getting is when the TV is put in standby , when it is turned back on after a period of time it can't see the sky box because the skybox has locked up , the box never locks up when the TV is on so something is happening between the TV and the sky box when the TV is in standby , I have changed HDMI cables also I am in port4 (arc) also have tried other ports as well to no avail , Sky know they have a problem with their boxes and all they seem to do is swap the box out and put it down to a hardware fault , I am currently on my 2nd box now and have an engineer ( sky) booked for the 10th of Jan, I can imagine all they will do is swap the box out and put it down to a hardware fault , over the next day or so I am going to hook up my old Panasonic instead of my Samsung and if it is stable and not lockups I am going to have to say it's a problem with the Samsung TV , hope this all makes sense , hopefully I will get a reply from you with advice.

Kind Regards 

0 Likes
chrisnavigator
First Poster
Options

@AdelineL wrote:

Hello @chrisnavigator , 

I just read your message and I'm sorry for the situation with Sky Q box. :thinking-face:

The main purpose of an update is to fix the bugs that already exist.

Since you have specified a connection error with this type of device, is it possible  to give us more details regarding the type of connection error?

I'm waiting your return.

Hi  @AncaP

Thanks for your reply.  I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply but I haven't been around forthe past two weeks.  However I have resolved the problem by resetting the TV to factory settings and then setting up everything from scratch.  This resolved all the issues and the TV and Sky Q box now connect faultlessly.

Kind Regards and have a Happy New Year 

0 Likes
chrisnavigator
First Poster
Options
Hi Verwood_Hornet
You could try restoring the TV to factory settings then going through set-up to reconnect your Sky Q box. This worked for me and I have had no trouble since.

Kind Regards and a Happy New Year
0 Likes
Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the tip on this one, i will give it a go later .

Could you give me an insight to why this would work ,

would the firmware stay the same , shall i still update it ,

thats if its the firmware update which is causing the problem ??

0 Likes
chrisnavigator
First Poster
Options
I would go ahead and update the TV before doing a factory reset. It might also be a helpful thing to power down your Sky Box by removing the plug for 2 minutes and rebooting it before going through the TV set up. I believe the resetting of the TV to factory settings clears all of the data, settings, and applications that were previously on the TV and any caches related to connections that may be interfering with the TV HDCP link to the Sky Q box. Setting up the TV from the start sets up a clean link between the two. You might then wish to reset your remote to work with the TV again. Press 7 and 9 together on the Q remote until it flashes three or four times to clear the current code then then go through the remote set up procedure on your sky Q box.

Hope this might help

Regards
0 Likes