Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What else ? My 2.5 year old 2018 Samsung 75" QNQ7F rebooted repeatedly

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 05:28 AM)
northerner9
Journeyman
Options

While watching Netflix tonight, my TV went into a reboot loop !! The OneConnect box made clicking noise, the TV flashed for a moment, and the power light came on for a moment. This repeated without stopping. I disconnected everything from the OneConnect box and waited for it to cool down but it didn't help. I noticed tons of complaint about this issue in this web site. I believe Samsung should do a product recall and repair all these TV for FREE !!! Apparently, it is a design defect. I owned many TV in last 30+ years and none of them failed on me except this expensive $4300CAN TV !!

Please help me to fix this issue for FREE. It is so heavy, I can't move it to service center for repair. 

When I purchased this TV, I was also told that OneConnect box can be upgraded or replaced to support future HDMI version. How to do it ?? Samsung dropped this ball now ??? Where is the promise ????????

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @northerner9 ,

I can see that you've got a US model TV.  With Samsung support being localised and this being a European forum (the English language part is supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, for example), we're limited in what we can do for you in terms of direct support.

Have you been in touch with Samsung US about this issue, or shared it on the Samsung US Community (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/ct-p/get-help-tvs)  to see if others in the US are reporting the same?

0 Likes
northerner9
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the direction. I will post at the US site. I just spoke with a BestBuy salesman. He also said it is the OneConnect box issue. I guess he already heard other complaints of the same issue. He said they don't provide service without getting their expensive extended warranty and I am too late to get it now. They also don't sell the OneConnect box. I am on my own or call Samsung.  

0 Likes
northerner9
Journeyman
Options

VISO TV has 3 years warranty, how come Samsung only has one !? And Samsung QLED TV is 2 to 3 times more expensive.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Our US Team will be able to point you in the direction of our engineers at one of our Service Centres. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
northerner9
Journeyman
Options

Later...

0 Likes
northerner9
Journeyman
Options

I have hard time to find a OneConnect replacement box on eBay. My my OneConnect box, it has many numbers. 

Model: SOC1003N 

Center label: BN96-46074K  (75Q7F)

Upper left label: BN44-00935B

Do I need to find a box with exact same number for all 3 above ? Or do I just need to match for the model number ? I have a 2018 Q7 TV QN75Q7FN (or QN75Q7FNAFX).

Thanks for direction.

0 Likes